Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody Get some Flasher Relays From Sierra Madre?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I though I would pick up a couple of these at $4 each as spares. One slight problem, they are missing a post. All 914 flashers early and late have 4 posts. Aren't reproductions supposed to be correct? headbang.gif It would cost almost as much to return them as they are worth.
Mike Bellis
Real ones are $50 each. Rich at high Performance House has real ones.
76-914
If you ain't returning it, plug it in to see what it does. Is the cover a ground or "the 4th" post?
Spoke
It is possible that the missing post is the K/C2 terminal which drives the dash indicators. You can work around the missing terminal.
Kansas 914
I bought 2 of them and threw them in the drawer - didn't even open them.

I took it apart to see. BTW the coil is 24VDC:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I also found this schematic online:
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
The range anywhere from a $14 and up depending on where you shop. What they are selling are for VW not 914.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 3 2015, 06:40 PM) *

The range anywhere from a $14 and up depending on where you shop. What they are selling are for VW not 914.

I saw some 4 lug versions for $14 as well. Several sources.
Mike Bellis
A real flasher relay has 2 coils and 2 sets of contacts inside. One set flashes the exterior lights and the other flashes the dash indicator. That is why they have 4 terminals.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jul 3 2015, 08:30 PM) *

A real flasher relay has 2 coils and 2 sets of contacts inside. One set flashes the exterior lights and the other flashes the dash indicator. That is why they have 4 terminals.

Is it just a DPDT?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jul 3 2015, 08:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jul 3 2015, 08:30 PM) *

Is it just a DPDT?

No. double coils, double single pole.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.