Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - Back Pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
euro911
SOLD - Thanks smile.gif

Found another 'late' black back pad. Looks to be in useable condition after a thorough cleaning (performed by the buyer).

Complete, but already disassembled for easy transport (without causing any additional damage the frail cardboard the factory decided to make these things from) dry.gif

Cardboard is fairly decent (except for a repairable tear in the passenger side inner area)

No discernible rips or tears in the vinyl , just needs some adhesive to secure some floppy ends bootyshake.gif

Reassembly hardware (screws & washers) included

You can pick this up locally (Harbor City) or I can deliver it to the G&R

How about $75? confused24.gif ... LMK

Click to view attachment
zambezi
i'll take it if you will ship to Lafayette, LA 70506
euro911
Let me think about it. I think packaging this properly (to prevent shipping damage) would take some time.

I'm trying to move stuff quickly as I have a lot of stuff to move out of my shop and don't have a lot of time.

If this doesn't sell locally (I will wipe some of the dust off and transport it to the G&R on 7/12), I'll think about shipping it.

Just an FYI, the size of a box and the distance it will need to travel to you might be a big expense too? confused24.gif
mr914
A couple of months ago, I looked into cost of shipping a late back pad.

USPS. to wanted $70 shipped TTA (Tied To A Turtles Ass). When they asked when I wanted it delivered, I said, before Thanksgiving.

Anymore, imho, back pads and seats are local pickup only. 15 years ago, SirAndy shipped an entire interior to me for $25... Back in the day.

Add to that, the cost of the box, if you are 2", dimensionally oversized... Then the shippers want too sheeplove.gif for extra $$$$

Perhaps, we need to need to do a new thread in both the garage and FS/WTB about "shipping costs 2015". Or should that be in "Rants and raves"?

Anymore, it seems like, I end up with shipping costs that are $2-3 more than I thought was reasonable. Rather than my cost, plus a tall boy for making the trip.

Not to mention, "over the pond" costs. A member paid, $68 to ship a $40 green dot jack to England recently...

Sorry for the rant/rave. Just the facts as I know it.

What forum should that thread be in?
euro911
agree.gif - that's why I posted 'local pick up' (or the local swap meet).

Shipping costs aside, the time that it would take me to design and construct an adequate container and pack something this old and fragile, probably wouldn't be worth the effort. I'd be afraid it would still be damaged in transit dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.