Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attn Bay Area PCA Guys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
Points system rules have changed. re-class yourself:

http://sandbox.visualproduce.com/rulcomm_c...s/web/index.php

i'm now in AX8, with 685 points... beer.gif

p.s. got a non-stock cam in your 914? THEN YOU'RE IN FM (STREET PREP). not Bp, Br, Bx, etc.
Andyrew
Ax3.....

ouch.
fiid
You can class - with a v8?
fiid
Hmm - I should get to AX5 if I do everything currently in plan.... :-)
Trekkor
dry.gif

I thought this was new 914CUP info...

KT
Andyrew
35. Engine has a non-stock flywheel 10.00
38. Engine capacity increase over 3000cc 375.00
39. Engine has different number of cylinders 100.00
44. Complete induction system has been replaced with alternate system 15.00
45. Engine has the stock ignition system 0.00
47. Engine is normally aspirated 0.00
50. The engine has a compression ratio not more than 1.0 ratio point higher than stock 0.00
51. The engine has non-stock camshafts 40.00
54. The engine has a non-stock oil cooler or water cooling system 0.00
55. The engine has a non-stock muffler 5.00
56. The engine has non-stock heat exchanger or exhaust manifold. 10.00

Fiid..

I figured 550 points would be enough...

"Different number of cylanders, over 3000cc over stock"

Sounds about right to me.. Doesnt say "must remain porsche engine" biggrin.gif
Demick
Hey Nathan

How did you squeak into AX6. I thought your engine was a high compression race-built motor??

Trekkor
confused24.gif

He has less points than both of us, Demick.

I see him listed in AX/8
Big Nate

KT
Demick
QUOTE (trekkor @ Feb 25 2005, 08:52 AM)
confused24.gif

He has less points than both of us, Demick.

I see him listed in AX/8
Big Nate

KT

Type-o. That's what I meant - AX8

Demick
anthony
Can you run a non-Porsche engine in PCA autocross in other than exhibition clas?
Trekkor
as to non-P powered cars. AFAIK they all fall into non-competitive "FUN". wink.gif

KT
fiid
AFAIK - they won't even let non-porsche powered cars into the time trial on a "Fun" basis.

fiid
Engine has the stock ignition system 0.00
50. The engine has a compression ratio not more than 1.0 ratio point higher than stock 0.00

Are these things stock for the SBC - or Stock for a Type Iv...??

Just wondered :-). I'm in the same boat. Mine is still a VW dreived flat IV though.
Trekkor
The points system is based on you providing info on the car as it started from the factory.

For example: my car,which is a '74 2.0 FOUR chassis, starts as a 70-71 914-6 because of the Porche SIX transplant into the same model series. ( factory option in a 914 ) I don't know how I would class it, or could, if I was doing an Alien 928 V-8 swap.

I get to class it with different cams, etc. due to the fact that it is not a stock 914-6 motor.

I don't think PCA wants to honor, or is not set up to class cars that have motors or combos that were never built by Porsche.

Engine has the stock ignition system 0.00

System is based on Porsche motors. How would you answer those question?

It could never be stock, however.

KT
nebreitling
it was too soon for me to enter that info, verdict is still out:

my heads are currently off at the machine shop -- they're going to cc them for me, and i'm measuring deck height etc. for the purpose of classing the car. there have been a few "surprises" in the engine, so i'm redoing a few things.

rest assured, if the compression comes in higher than 8.5:1 i'll add the points.

additionally, i'm going with some adjustable rear-spring perches (and heavier springs) -- this will add points. AND, within the next month or so, i'll have the fiberglass decklids on -- which will add more points. SO, i'll probably move up at least 1 class, maybe two....

the good news is that the p/c really are 94's this time wacko.gif
anthony
QUOTE (fiid @ Feb 25 2005, 12:08 PM)
AFAIK - they won't even let non-porsche powered cars into the time trial on a "Fun" basis.

It's mostly because most PCA DE/TT track events are oversold. They have to limit access some way otherwise they end up bumping people who would show up to drive Porsches. If you want to do DE/TT there are plenty of other groups to run with like:

http://www.ncracing.org/

http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/

nebreitling
so w/ my planned mods (more compression, spring perches, and f/g decklids) i'll have 765 pts = AX6.

beer.gif
Andyrew
Fiid, Enter your car in and see what its at!

I did mine just to see.. Im sure they wont let me compete.. but then again, maybe. (because it now has a class it fits into...)

I updated it now.. gave myself a couple more points (more engine related stuff...)
Changed it so that anything not stock to the t4 engine would be not stock..

Soooo... Im still in GT3, I'll talk to the auto x director and see what he thinks..

I know I wont be any competitive (especially since Im running street tires), but Id really like to run with the group.

Andrew
ArtechnikA
that was fun!

i classed the 911 based on some educated guesses about where the car is headed in some of the smaller details. (and i tend to overclass the car so i dont have to worry about it moving around if i uprate something over the course of a season ...)

TT4 - 350 base, 565 mod, 915 total.
AX4 - 350 base, 650 mod, 1000 total

puts me in the AX class with the Carrera GT - SO IT BETTER WATCH OUT !!!
Andyrew
I just sent this email to the autox chairman for the GGR.

We'll see what he says.

"I currently have a 73 914 with a 350 SBC v8 that I have had for 3 years that I recently installed in it. I know that previous to the reclassification (ie point system) for autocross, any non Porsche engine was considered to be able to run only in a fun run group. I Have classified my car in the classification system (look for Andrew Dalen, I did it to see what My points would be.. And because I hopefully will be doing autocross wether or not I will be in a class) and it ran up to be in GT3, which (to my understanding, and what I've seen from other cars in that group) is a pretty fast class, and highly possible for TTOD cars.

My car is not capable for setting TTOD simply because its running on street tires and fairly stock suspension (check my classification)

But it DOES not have a porsche engine. I also have friends with 914's with non Porsche engines, such as a subaru 2.7 TT that is interested in your response as well as many other v8 guys. I have put everything that is correct on the system and totaled 570 points in just the engine alone. On the classification it has question of 38 and 39, which make it highly possible for v8 an other people to be able to classify themselfs respectivly into classes.

Honestly, I know I wont be very competitive, I was learning last 2 years with my dads 944 Turbo, and I'd really like to be in a class competing (whether or not im last every event) with other Porsches.

Thanks for your time

Andrew Dalen
73 914 5.7 sbc
www.914world.com"
Porsche Rescue
Only a little off topic: My car has euro p&c's. I believe that increases the compression ratio and affects the classing of my car. PCA rules just say "increased compression ratio". Anyone know what the increae in cr is?
Demick
Euro P&C's do not affect displacement, and only bump compression by about 1/2 point. You don't get penalized for compression increases less than 1 point, so I don't think you pay any penalty for the euro P&C's.

Demick

Porsche Rescue
Thanks for the good news.
Mueller
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Feb 25 2005, 03:32 PM)
I just sent this email to the autox chairman for the GGR.

We'll see what he says.

I'm sure he'll reply with something like this:

4.6 STREET MODIFIED CATEGORY

f.   Porsche: The chassis, engine and transmission must be Porsche.

4.7 MODIFIED CATEGORY

b.   Engine and transmission must be Porsche.

4.8 EXHIBITION CATEGORY

e.   Engine shall be a Porsche. Transmission may be a       Porsche

Due to the allowed modifications in the classes above these listed, it pretty much excludes your motor due to many variables.....

sorry Charley, but at least we'll see you during fun runs
nebreitling
Euro is about 8.5 or 8.6 to 1, iirc...

the PCA rule book (for the official rules -- not the points system, though i suspect that this would be their general policy) states that "euro" models of engines are already raised about 1 point, and thus no further compression changes can be made in classes limited by 1 point compression changes.

this is what i'm using for purposes of classing my car. greater than 8.5or8.6:1 = add compression points.
Andyrew
Mike, I dont see that anywhere.

Can you show me a link to that? I looked and looked and didnt see anything that related anything to being porsche. Tis the reason I sent the email.

Hmm thats odd. Looks like you can put a Porsche engine in a modified class car (of any make) and get away with it.. Thats kind of going in the reverse direction.

Mueller
here you go:

GGR PCA rule book

you have to follow the rules before you can class your car smile.gif

nine14cats
Hi Andrew,

I've been doing the PCA tech the last couple of years for Auto-x at the GGR and LPR events. Unless there is a complete rewrite of the rule book this year or next (even withe the points system), you will be classed Fun or Exhibition. For Auto-X, since your dad has a relatively stock Porsche, you can play because of the family rule. But anyone with a non-porsche motor doesn't get to run in a class.

As far as time trials, you won't get to run in PCA without a Porsche motor.

Get some sticky tires, trick out the suspension and don't worry about class. Take TTOD for the Fun or Exhibition class. Take TTOD overall.

My other suggestion is that in the rule book link that Mike posted, read through them. In there you will find a section that says you can create you're own class if you get other folks to declare they want to run.

Example:

If you got yourself, Tessera (another V8 guy), Fiid, anyone else with a swap, or even people like me who are oddball, we could declare our own class such as Exhibition 1 and compete against each other. It seems that you could lobby for the points and standings to be included in the website (Andrew Blyholder, a 914 guy, is one of two folks who do the scorekeeping), and run! The powers that be may not recognize the class for trophies or awards, but its a start.

David Leong is the GGR Competition Director. E-mail him directly and ask. All you want is a place to play and to be kept track of.

Just my $9.14....

Bill P.
Britain Smith
Well, AX14 should be fun...thats were I will be.

Name Car Base Points Mod Points Total Points Class
Larry Inman 911 Carrera (1987-1989) 400.00 0.00 400.00 AX14
Andrew Miller 911 SC (1978-1983) 350.00 35.00 385.00 AX14
Dan Martin 911 SC (1978-1983) 350.00 30.00 380.00 AX14
Jerry Whitteridge 944 S2 (1989-1991) 375.00 5.00 380.00 AX14
Leonard Stanton 911 SC (1978-1983) 350.00 25.00 375.00 AX14
Britain Smith 914/1.7/1.8 (1970-1975) 275.00 80.00 355.00 AX14
Jim Tabor 914/2.0 (1973-1974) 300.00 55.00 355.00 AX14

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.