Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission mount torque settings and other questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john77
About to go in and swap out my mounts. Can anyone tell me the torque settings for the transmission mounts? I can't seem to find them, or anything about the transmission mounts, in my Haynes manual.

Thanks
John
Mueller
Usually you can just use the chart in the 1st chapter I think, it is based on bolt size.

Most of the values if you google that bolt size should within an acceptable range also.

john77
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jul 4 2015, 10:13 AM) *

Usually you can just use the chart in the 1st chapter I think, it is based on bolt size.

Most of the values if you google that bolt size should within an acceptable range also.

Ahhhh, thanks. That's great to know.
john77
Okay, so now I'm under here I have a couple more questions, before I screw something up smile.gif

How far do I drop the tranny?

By the look of the bolts that go through the centre of the mounts and into the tranny about 2-3 inches to clear the end of those bolts so I can then slide the mounts down and off, right?
john77
QUOTE(john77 @ Jul 4 2015, 10:42 AM) *

Okay, so now I'm under here I have a couple more questions, before I screw something up smile.gif

How far do I drop the tranny?

By the look of the bolts that go through the centre of the mounts and into the tranny about 2-3 inches to clear the end of those bolts so I can then slide the mounts down and off, right?

Okay, so now I've got all the nuts undone I realize how stupid this question is. Nothing to see here folks, carry on enjoying your 4th!!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.