Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: really cool Lotus/Porsche on ebay!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nein14-6
I would love to have this car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4529991889&rd=1
Trekkor
I want it, too. wub.gif

KT
machina
There is a porsche powered cooper vintage car down here that is really beautiful. And that thing is super fast. The car weighs less than 1300 lbs and has better than 250hp.

Oh yeah, and the guy calls it a "Pooper" smile.gif
CptTripps
That looks like the dune-buggy that they built on an episode of Monster Garage at an inner city high-school...
maf914
That looks like a Lotus, I think the 23. It was sort of like the small brother of the Lotus 19 Monte Carlo. It was normally powered by various small 4 cylinder Ford-based Lotus engines, but people also put Porsche and BMW engines in them. In the 60's George Follmer won the USRRC sports car series one year against bigger sports racers by winning in the 2-liter category. He ran a Porsche engine, I think the fancy twin-cam four, but I'm not sure.

The car pictured has been hacked up a little bit too much. These are pretty little cars and look much better in their more original form. I've seen them at historic events and they are nice. They look great in British racing green with yellow trim. wub.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (synthesisdv @ Feb 25 2005, 04:43 AM)
There is a porsche powered cooper vintage car down here that is really beautiful. And that thing is super fast. The car weighs less than 1300 lbs and has better than 250hp.

Oh yeah, and the guy calls it a "Pooper" smile.gif

They've been called that from the time they were first raced. The Cap'n
boxstr
Checkout the facilites the car is housed in, clean painted floors,Morris Minor Traveller and a 50 Ford Woody and more race cars in the background. Very nice. That little Pooper is leading a charmed life.
CCLINULTIMATEGARAGE
Flat VW
What if we all threw in $100.00 each (group buy) and then we could each drive it for one day, every couple of years!!? driving-girl.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif

smilie_pokal.gif We could keep it at my house! boldblue.gif
boxstr
Okay Where do I PAYPAL.
CCLINWATCHOUTKARL
Flat VW
Uh, no PayPal on this one, Boxstr, uh, cash only, this time, uh, I will PM you my address. hide.gif
mike_the_man
When that came up on ebay, it started at $150. My friends and I were all over it. I emailed the seller about the reserve, I think he said it was around $65,000. huh.gif A very cool little car, but just a touch out of my price range.

kafermeister
Is that a 914 Transaxle?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.