Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car history?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
Has someone started a database of VIN numbers out there? It would be a good source to track the ownership of cars and maybe find alittle history.

I don't mind putting some time in but don't want to duplicate efforts.

I have 3 vin numbers I would like to enter (2 parts cars that will never be on the road again and my driver)

Cheers welder.gif
Gustl
look at "914 Info" => "Members VIN Numbers" at this site cool.gif
CptTripps
Yeah, that just shows the current owners though...if someone buys the car, it changes. It'd be a good idea to start a database that had dates attached to the car, and when/where it god bought/sold along the way.

I'm game to build it if anyone is interested...
CptTripps
I could register '914DATABASE.COM'. It is available...would it be worth the effort? Maybe show timelines and such...upload pics...add all the options on the car...Could be cool.
TheCabinetmaker
DaveP is the keeper of the vin's
davep
I have been keeping a database for 20 years now. I do have some names in it, but it is very hard to keep things current. When Jeff Bowlsby set up the LE Registry we used my list as a foundation and included names. Now he has dropped the names for privacy reasons, but we still try to keep our private lists current with ownership.

In my list the data is extensive and includes all serial number, date codes, colours, trim level options and modifications. It certainly is more comprehensive than the factory Cardex. Most people, when asked, give me the data I want. I don't have a lot of time to ask everyone though. Feel free to send me the data you have.
ArtechnikA
there is also an extensive database of 914.6 VIN's - although neither of my cars - on purchased through an ad in Panorama - were in it...
brownaar
Actually, just looking at the 914SIG website, and membership is free, you don't have to be a PCA member, and they won't publish any of your info if that is your preference.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.