Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: solid core ignition wires or spiral
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
So the directions say I should use the spiral wires. MSD makes a good low resistance set. But nowhere near the soild core stuff. I don't have any computer or radio so should I be worried about EMI interference maybe to the Mallory box itself?
machina
The Mallory book says to NOT use solid core, so I didn't.
Trekkor
The Mallory book says to NOT use solid core, so I didn't.

MSD says the same thing.

KT
Joe Ricard
So I think MSD makes a big fatty wire that is carried through my favoritel FLAPS. It that what ya'll run?
machina
got magnecor 8.5's
Joe Ricard
Ok so time for a shameless plug. Where did you get Magnacor wires. Been looking this morning found more info than I can absorb but no place to buy 914-4 plug wires. Will I have to buy a set and modify? which will most likely degrade the EMI properties. Actually looking at the 8's because they are compatable with carbs and no electronics.
Rough_Rider
I bought a magnecor set from ultrarev.com cheesy name & website. but there cheap!!!!

Regarding customisation for 914/4 give magnecor tech support a call / mail. There normally pretty good. http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm
gklinger
Here's one link:

Magnecor source

When I bought my last set it was not from these guys, and I can't pull where out of my foggy memory. At the time I was able to spec a custom coil wire as I have a Crane coil with the male post at no extra charge. Also, be sure to use some dialectic grease on the boots. They're a tight fit and a real bitch to get off if you don't.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.