Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru conversion in Seattle/Western WA?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChuckBiscuits
So I have a favor to ask. I'm wondering if there is anyone on here that has a 914 with the 4-cylinder Subaru conversion that would be willing to let me drive it. No joyride, just want to sample the performance before I plunge into buying a roller and all that. I'm in West Seattle, and would come to you.

Thanks!
Bleyseng
I don't but once I install a new alt you can test drive my 2056 914. I live on Beacon Hill
EdwardBlume
Try Youtube or do a search on this sight.

I've taken a roll in a Subi conversation or two, and more recently an Audi Turbo conversation, and there are definitely nuances between the particular motor, turbo, and tuning.

ChuckBiscuits
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 5 2015, 07:02 AM) *

I don't but once I install a new alt you can test drive my 2056 914. I live on Beacon Hill

Sweet! Let me know. Need a hand?
JRust
If you get down to Oregon I am not opposed to letting people drive mine. Although I typically know the person before that would happen. So we'd need to talk some 914's & take a spin with me behind the wheel. If you haven't pissed me off by then your probably safe evilgrin.gif
boxstr
Just be sure to drive Jamie's Subie conversion in dry weather.
Craig at CAMP
JRust
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jul 5 2015, 09:17 AM) *

Just be sure to drive Jamie's Subie conversion in dry weather.
Craig at CAMP

dry.gif I admit that is a little funny mad.gif
Cairo94507
I am ashamed to admit I got a chuckle out of that too. Now I am beating myself up about it huh.gif
PanelBilly
Start a new thread

What does it take to piss Jamie off?
76-914
I read your other post. You want a reliable commuter for your daily drive so I would go with a Suby NA 2.5 4cyl w/ the TY75 5 speed gearbox. If MPG isn't an issue go with the EZ30 6cyl. Best bet is to buy a wrecked Suby, do the head gaskets and seals, re-use the factory ECU and drive the stromberg.gif out of it
rhodyguy
Save money and buy a decent running car whether a conversion or type 4. I think you're going to be into it for well over $10k, car and conversion PARTS, and that's going to be when when you start the no telling how long construction process. Buy the the black 2056 powered currently being sold by Euro911. Drive it while planning the conversion and sell off the power train when you have ALL the conversion parts and you're ready to do the swap. Seriously.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.