Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Excellent / Mint '70-'73 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Cal
Looking for an excellent driver / show 914 preferably on the East Coast but will consider the West Coast for the right car. I'm open to repainted cars.....but no project cars, rust buckets, engine swaps, non-modified, etc. I'm also open to '70 - '73 cars with 1.7 or 2.0L FI engines. I'm willing to wait for the right car to come around. Please PM me.
Cal
Bump......I'm still looking.
Thanks
porsha916
hi, I have a 73 silver 914 that is a project I am finishing up, a nice driver, it has a (modified?) 1.8L with dual webers , you could look at it now before I put rockers on and the rest of the interior in and we could make a deal now or later.
Take Care
Bill
607-659-7162
Cal
QUOTE(porsha916 @ Sep 13 2015, 01:47 PM) *

hi, I have a 73 silver 914 that is a project I am finishing up, a nice driver, it has a (modified?) 1.8L with dual webers , you could look at it now before I put rockers on and the rest of the interior in and we could make a deal now or later.
Take Care
Bill
607-659-7162

Thanks Bill but I'd prefer a FI car.

Jeff
acracer
QUOTE(Cal @ Jul 6 2015, 03:14 PM) *

Looking for an original excellent driver / show 914 preferably in the NE. I'm open to repainted cars.....but no project cars, rust buckets, engine swaps, non-modified, etc. I'm also open to '70 - '73 cars with 1.7 or 2.0L FI engines. I'm willing to wait for the right car to come around. Please PM me.

Call Steve Limbert at AIRCOOLED RACING we maybe able to help find what you are looking for.

717-432-4116
87m491
1973 PORSCHE 914 1.7
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/5214339552.html

QUOTE(Cal @ Jul 6 2015, 11:14 AM) *

Looking for an original excellent driver / show 914 preferably in the NE. I'm open to repainted cars.....but no project cars, rust buckets, engine swaps, non-modified, etc. I'm also open to '70 - '73 cars with 1.7 or 2.0L FI engines. I'm willing to wait for the right car to come around. Please PM me.

Cal
QUOTE(87m491 @ Sep 15 2015, 12:15 PM) *

1973 PORSCHE 914 1.7

Thanks....I saw that and contacted the owner yesterday. Looks like a nice car.....original numbers matching, light ivory L80E, no rust in the battery tray or longitudinals. Paperwork back to '85 when the car had 63K miles.
celluloid3
QUOTE(Cal @ Sep 15 2015, 01:23 PM) *

1973 PORSCHE 914 1.7

Thanks....I saw that and contacted the owner yesterday. Looks like a nice car.....original numbers matching, light ivory L80E, no rust in the battery tray or longitudinals. Paperwork back to '85 when the car had 63K miles.

I'm in NJ and have my car for sale. Let me know if you're interested. I'm motivated to sell and won't turn down a reasonable offer.
Here's the listing.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=263526
Cal
QUOTE(celluloid3 @ Sep 15 2015, 11:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Cal @ Sep 15 2015, 01:23 PM) *

1973 PORSCHE 914 1.7

I'm in NJ and have my car for sale. Let me know if you're interested. I'm motivated to sell and won't turn down a reasonable offer.
Here's the listing.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=263526

Thanks Marko.....but I'm looking for something a little better. I'm trying a get the best car for the most money.....+/-$20K
Cal
Bump......I'm willing to expand my search to anywhere on the east coast ( maybe the west coast also for the right car). Let me know what you've got in the way of an original or restored - excellent / mint 914 '70-'73
Cal
Bump
Cal
Still looking.....
914runnow
Are you attempting to win a ribbon or trophy??
I have a national winner wanahbe..needs assembly..
Thanx Rx
Cal
QUOTE(914runnow @ Sep 28 2015, 12:42 AM) *

Are you attempting to win a ribbon or trophy??
I have a national winner wanahbe..needs assembly..
Thanx Rx

Ribbons and trophy's are nice but not necessary....just an excellent car that can be driven on Sunday's. I had a '67 911 that regrettably sold 3 years ago....I'd like to find a 914 in similar condition. Please send me a PM.

Rav914
Nice '67. There's not too many period-correct-purpose-built show cars out there. Most are rain or shine drivers or cars coming back from years of neglect. Good luck with the hunt!
Cal
QUOTE(Rav914 @ Sep 29 2015, 02:29 PM) *

Nice '67. There's not too many period-correct-purpose-built show cars out there. Most are rain or shine drivers or cars coming back from years of neglect. Good luck with the hunt!

Thanks. I'm not looking for a trailer queen......just an excellent / mint condition driver. I know the right car is out there....its just a matter of time to find it.
Rav914
Yeah, those are breathtaking examples.

You're right, they're out there. For instance, my car fits your criteria (not for sale - ever:). I found it in the local PCA classifieds. The original owner parked it 1986 and listed it in 2005. I imagine there's more than a few fine 914's in garages that have been there for a couple of decades. Seek and you'll find it!
Mike Fitton
You just missed my '74 2.0 about a year ago, sold for $20,000:

Click to view attachment

Replaced it with this '70 914-6 in Tangerine:

Click to view attachment
Cal
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Sep 29 2015, 05:56 PM) *

You just missed my '74 2.0 about a year ago, sold for $20,000:

Click to view attachment

Replaced it with this '70 914-6 in Tangerine:

Click to view attachment

Yeah, I know.....thanks for rubbing it in. Your Tangerine 914 and Pete Stout's 914 are my inspirations for my next car...very cool indeed!

cujohnso

Looking for an excellent driver / show 914 preferably on the East Coast but will consider the West Coast for the right car. I'm open to repainted cars.....but no project cars, rust buckets, engine swaps, non-modified, etc. I'm also open to '70 - '73 cars with 1.7 or 2.0L FI engines. I'm willing to wait for the right car to come around. Please PM me.

Hi- I have a '74 2.0 FI (silver) with 13,000 original miles. Located in Minneapolis. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send pics if interested.

Curt Johnson
cujohnso2@gmail.com
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(cujohnso @ Oct 1 2015, 11:22 AM) *

Hi- I have a '74 2.0 FI (silver) with 13,000 original miles. Located in Minneapolis. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send pics if interested.

Curt Johnson
cujohnso2@gmail.com

In Plymouth? I grew up there, parents still live there. I don't have $20K so I won't get in the way, I just saw you were from Plymouth, MN though I would like to see some pics. I don't see many teeners around MN...
Cal
Still looking.....
fduval

Not far in Canada ( Montreal ) I might sell this one : originally a washington car that moved to California and now resides in Canada since 2014. Basically what you are looking for 1973 2.0 FI car. Picture is from when I received the car in april 2014.
Not cheap
Click to view attachment
Cal
QUOTE(fduval @ Oct 20 2015, 10:24 AM) *

Not far in Canada ( Montreal ) I might sell this one : originally a washington car that moved to California and now resides in Canada since 2014. Basically what you are looking for 1973 2.0 FI car. Picture is from when I received the car in april 2014.
Not cheap
Click to view attachment

Nice car.....but this started life as a 1.8L.....correct?
Cal
Still looking.....
Cal
Bump
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Cal @ Oct 24 2015, 08:36 AM) *

Bump

If I can talk my wife into it, I may have what you're looking for. Original owner '72, 2 time PCA Parade concours class winner (among many other concours wins). All records. About 3K in NOS replacement parts to go with it. Original (restored) steel wheels as well as chrome wheels with zero miles on Kumhos. Zero rust, new tires ,yada yada. Here's the catcher - not run since 1995. Parked it to make a run at the Hershey Parade, took lotsa top end parts off for cleaning, had serious health issues and not enough mobility to put it back together. Been languishing in dry storage since, though I periodically revisit it and dust it off. Pics available. I'm in Blue Bell.
mepstein
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Oct 26 2015, 08:17 PM) *

Bump

If I can talk my wife into it, I may have what you're looking for. Original owner '72, 2 time PCA Parade concours class winner (among many other concours wins). All records. About 3K in NOS replacement parts to go with it. Original (restored) steel wheels as well as chrome wheels with zero miles on Kumhos. Zero rust, new tires ,yada yada. Here's the catcher - not run since 1995. Parked it to make a run at the Hershey Parade, took lotsa top end parts off for cleaning, had serious health issues and not enough mobility to put it back together. Been languishing in dry storage since, though I periodically revisit it and dust it off. Pics available. I'm in Blue Bell.

The "not run part" really isn't an issue. Pat's car is 914 perfection.
Cal

Bump

PM sent.....please contact me.
Chris H.
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 26 2015, 09:44 PM) *

Bump

The "not run part" really isn't an issue. Pat's car is 914 perfection.

agree.gif Would not worry about that at all. IF he decides to part with it you just need to move fast. He will get additional/unsolicited offers. Probably has some now. That one needs to stay COMPLETELY stock. Don't skimp on the rain tray if you know what's good for you... poke.gif .
billh1963
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Oct 27 2015, 07:12 AM) *

agree.gif Would not worry about that at all. IF he decides to part with it you just need to move fast. He will get additional/unsolicited offers. Probably has some now. That one needs to stay COMPLETELY stock. Don't skimp on the rain tray if you know what's good for you... poke.gif .

Yep...and bottom feeders will need to move along. If he sells it won't be cheap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.