Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats this damaged teener worth?....might be a Bumblebee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dangerranger01
Long story short, i heard rumors about a couple of teeners at this guys place. Since i had the day off, I went on an adventure to check them out. I was hoping to get some little things i need, and hope for a donor for some sheet metal to repair my car (I got typical rust around sails and lower windshield).

Interior looked very complete and nice, just needed a cleaning. Unfortunately, it was in a wreak in the mid-80s, and the front and rear got hit. Middle of the car looks fine, but I couldn't crawl under it to check structural parts out. Door gaps looked good. He kept a plastic truck bed liner over it, so it has been kind of protected.

Anyway, the guy mentions one is a limited edition. Looks like it is to me, but i'm no expert. What do you guys think, and what do you think its worth?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
dangerranger01
Few more pictures

IPB Image

IPB Image

JRust
Definitely has possibilities of an LE. No way to know for sure without the COA. Unless it has paperwork in it. I found the original sales slip in mine which stated it was a Can Am edition. Has all the outer pieces that call out that. Having said that that is pretty trashed. Is it complete? I'd be interested at the right price. For me that would be under a grand for sure
EdwardBlume
Looks like.... Is it for sale?
dangerranger01
It looked pretty complete from what I could tell (less the front and rear damage...). Interior looked all there and didn't look ratty at all (just needs a cleaning i'd say). The doors were locked so couldn't get inside. Top looked like it was sealed well.

Yes it was for sale...he said if someone offered the right price on both he'd sell it. Tried to get a ballpark on what he wanted but he couldnt come up with anything.

The other one was halfway into hedges. interior looked like it had been striped of some parts...rest i couldn't tell.

IPB Image
SirAndy
No more than $500 for the lot, there WILL be rust and lots of it ...
dry.gif
JeffBowlsby
I'd start with the parts value only, minus your labor to part them.

If the one is an LE, proceed cautiously as not all black 74 are LEs, even in the VIN range, then it looks like it needs major surgery to revive - like a Cellette bench and a welder.

Got the VIN on the black one?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 6 2015, 12:06 PM) *

No more than $500 for the lot, there WILL be rust and lots of it ...
dry.gif

agree.gif You should be doing some soul searching too. If you did buy them, could you make something of them? Trading one shrubbery lined grave for another isn't going to make any difference...
dangerranger01
Yea i was thinking around $500 for the lot. I'd have to dig it out of his place, and tow it home so there is added expense there. I *think* i could break even by selling interior parts and the sheet metal i could use. I think it is hard to determine right now if it is repairable....rear was damaged hard, front not as bad, but still damage exists. Where do you call the line on an LE?

I did get the vin for the possible LE. Not sure how to put it into the database.....i heard you can call Porsche up and they'll confirm over the phone it is an LE...is that true?? I don't speak German so i hope they speak American...

He said he'd try to clean up the brush around the cars....hopefully he'd do that soon and I could check it out. See under the car and open the engine lid. I worry about structural rust the most
JeffBowlsby
So whats the VIN? I maintain the LE Registry.

Call 1800PORSCHE x5 its PCNA. They speak 'english' and may tell you if its an LE depending on who you get.
dangerranger01
I'll have to grab my phone from my truck, I saved the vin in there. it was in the middle of all the other LEs, but as you all know, that doesn't mean much. I'll call them tomorrow i guess i see what i get. Regardless, i suppose i should put the vin in the database.
toolguy
No sail panel lower trim holes, a promising sign.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(dangerranger01 @ Jul 6 2015, 07:47 PM) *

I'll have to grab my phone from my truck, I saved the vin in there. it was in the middle of all the other LEs, but as you all know, that doesn't mean much. I'll call them tomorrow i guess i see what i get. Regardless, i suppose i should put the vin in the database.

Put all the vins you find in the database.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jul 6 2015, 06:01 PM) *
QUOTE(dangerranger01 @ Jul 6 2015, 07:47 PM) *

Put all the vins you find in the database.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.