Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber/Empi Carburetors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jpapatrout
I haven't bought carbs for many years, are the carbs being sold as Empi the same as Weber, or are they cheap imitations? Recommendations?
stugray
Even the "weber" carbs you can buy these days might not be true Webers.
Dont buy from webercarbsdirect if you want the real deal.
Harpo
Although I have EMPI's on my car they were rebuilt by Jake to make them work. If I ever buy another set of carbs I will buy used ones and have them rebuilt by a professional.

David
jpapatrout
Has anyone tried using a single 38/38 DGAS synchronized carb on a TIV engine? Seems like it would work better than a 32/36 DFEV progressive carb.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(jpapatrout @ Jul 13 2015, 04:36 PM) *

Has anyone tried using a single 38/38 DGAS synchronized carb on a TIV engine? Seems like it would work better than a 32/36 DFEV progressive carb.

There are some fundamental problems with a single carb on a Type IV that can't be overcome. They will run but never perform. The length of the runners is the biggest problem from what I understand.
dirk9141973
QUOTE(jpapatrout @ Jul 13 2015, 03:36 PM) *

38/38 DFEV but really didn't work !! Very flat at 2,000 to 3,000 rpm went to duel EMPI 40's much better!! I have had no problems (2 years Luck??)
Sedonut
Weber Carbs direct sells Chinese Knockoffs. They say all over "genuine" Weber, but no.

You can get Spanish made Redline Weber carbs, I bought a set of 40's off ebay for $740 shipped. Carbs, filters, manifolds and linkage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.