Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driver Seat moved closer to steering wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J/41

[size=7]
Hi everyone, I have a '74 2.0 914 that I am putting back together. Please help!

Has anyone had to move the driver seat closer then in the original factory position. I need to get the seat closer so my wife can drive the car and I am not sure how to do it. There is a cross peice of the floor pan that is right up against the seat frame.
Any and all Ideas would be greatly appreciated......

Mnay thanks, Jo unsure.gif hn
Bruce Hinds
Which factory position? My daughter 5'2" has no problems and there's still more to go forward . . .
J/41
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Jul 6 2015, 08:15 PM) *

Which factory position? My daughter 5'2" has no problems and there's still more to go forward . . .

Hi Bruce,

WOW! I could sware I have that driver seat up all the way.... I thought the seat tracks looked like they were all the way forward.. I guess if I get a chance tomorrow I will try and get the seat out.. and see if something has stopped it.
I started to scratch my head and since there are no 914's around here I thought I would write for Help! I hope you are right Bruce. I will let you know Thanks John G.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Jul 6 2015, 05:15 PM) *

agree.gif

Is she a little person?

Wait! Why is she driving it? She will either love it; you'll never get to drive again, or she will hat it; up for sale soon...
Ian Stott
I adjusted the pedals out a bit farther, give that a try before you do anything else, they are designed to do that.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
J/41
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jul 6 2015, 08:36 PM) *

I adjusted the pedals out a bit farther, give that a try before you do anything else, they are designed to do that.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Hi Ian, I didn't know the pedals were adjustable..where are the adjustments for the pedals located. I just looked under the seat again and I am pretty sure the seat is up all the way. Howevere Maybe tomorrow I can pull the seat out and take a look. I have had several 911's and never with getting the seat up close enough .. this is my first 914. It should be on the road in the next couple of weeks.. I will start working on the interior soon.. New carpet etc. install a radio lube everything.. thanks for your help John G
Ian Stott
QUOTE(J/41 @ Jul 6 2015, 10:08 PM) *

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Hi Ian, I didn't know the pedals were adjustable..where are the adjustments for the pedals located. I just looked under the seat again and I am pretty sure the seat is up all the way. Howevere Maybe tomorrow I can pull the seat out and take a look. I have had several 911's and never with getting the seat up close enough .. this is my first 914. It should be on the road in the next couple of weeks.. I will start working on the interior soon.. New carpet etc. install a radio lube everything.. thanks for your help John G

The pedals themselves are adjustable, get right down to the pedal cluster and you will see the bolt to back off. I was surprised at what a difference it made, my daughter is 5 foot 1 and she can drive it no problem.

Ian
J/41
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jul 6 2015, 09:26 PM) *

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Thanks again...I will try that tomorrow Too! jg

The pedals themselves are adjustable, get right down to the pedal cluster and you will see the bolt to back off. I was surprised at what a difference it made, my daughter is 5 foot 1 and she can drive it no problem.

Ian

Dave_Darling
I'll have to see if I can find out what the "Neidel seat-rail modification" is. The Neidels are a family that has several things in common: They're all under 5'2", they all talk a million miles a minute, and they all drive (race!) 914s indecently well. They have a standard setup that allows people who are less vertically-endowed to fit comfortably.

--DD
bdstone914
QUOTE(J/41 @ Jul 6 2015, 06:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jul 6 2015, 09:26 PM) *

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

The only adjustment on the pedals is a slight amount on the clutch pedal. You might get 1/2 adjustment. You could make thick pedal covers for the gas brake and clutch pedals. If you wanted to do something semi permanent I have extra brake and clutch pedals that could be used to fab up adjustable height pedals.
I have some ideas on how that could be done. Or you could get another seat frame and graft on longer rails.

Bruce

Thanks again...I will try that tomorrow Too! jg

Ian

J/41
QUOTE(J/41 @ Jul 6 2015, 09:08 PM) *

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

I just wanted to thank everyone for there help in this matter!! John
Mueller
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 6 2015, 08:20 PM) *

I'll have to see if I can find out what the "Neidel seat-rail modification" is. The Neidels are a family that has several things in common: They're all under 5'2", they all talk a million miles a minute, and they all drive (race!) 914s indecently well. They have a standard setup that allows people who are less vertically-endowed to fit comfortably.

--DD

WOW...I haven't seen that name in ages!

I wonder how they are doing? One of the daughter name is Nancy correct?
Steve
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jul 7 2015, 08:34 AM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 6 2015, 08:20 PM) *

--DD

Same with me.. I used to live in the bay area in the late 80's and early 90's. The Neidel's were at all the PCA meetings. The dad was retired and maintained all of the family's 914's. I remember going to there house one time and there were 914's all over the yard and in front of there house.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jul 7 2015, 08:34 AM) *

They're on FB, I see one or another posting every now and again.

Rob, Karen, Sharon, and Theresa. No Nancy that I remember. Mom was Shirley. Spacing on Pop's name.

That reminds me, I need to ping them about this.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.