Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cracked Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
There is a thread in the paddock area about Fuchs being safe for racing. We all agree that all rims should be checked for cracks before we Autocross / Road race. Just wanted to say even cars driven just on the street should be checked for cracked rims. These pictures are from a 73 parts car I picked up last fall. I was all excited because all the rims had zero curb rash and cleaned up nicely, all but one. dry.gif

This car had been off the road since the mid 90s. Rim wasn't bent either. So just make sure you check your rims for cracks every once in a while.

ConeDodger
Over-torqued... mad.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 6 2015, 08:58 PM) *

Over-torqued... mad.gif

How would over torquing cause a crack like that? I could see that if the crack started at the lug hole but not up in that area.
Mark Henry
They make a cool hose reel...I have one on my shop biggrin.gif
Montreal914
My spare wheel is exactly like that but it has been repaired (welded on the back side). My car came with it. I was lucky enough that I never got a flat tire. The repair was nicely done and I would be comfortable using it to get to my destination.
Maltese Falcon
Looks like another daily drive on L.A. pothole streets headbang.gif
mr914
I've always wanted to slice the front/outer 2" off and make a clock
Montreal914
Potholes in LA blink.gif

These are potholes! You will find them all over in Montreal. icon8.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

And this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-coDrnB6SYc

And this is how they get fixed; stromberg.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU8EVqSb6pA
EdwardBlume
All old porsche rims should be checked regularly for cracks and proper application of polish! agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.