Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test drive in MA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brickmiata
This may be an odd request but I'm in MA and I've been driving/autocrossing an NA miata for a few years now but I've been bit by the 914 bug.. problem is I've only ever ridden in one and never had the opportunity to drive one. I've seen a few available that need some minor mechanical repairs that are within my spending limit. The flaws put them within my budget (and don't concern me as I'm almost more at home with a wrench in my hand than with a steering wheel) but they also typically prevent test drives of any informative kind as well.

Does anyone live in central MA and want to let me come drive their car around town for a six-pack and gas money? Nothing to worry about here, I don't need/want to beat on someones baby, just to get a real sense of what I'm getting into. It also wouldn't hurt to meet someone local who has one and know what they are all about.

Bleyseng
Find a six that's sorted out with a upgraded suspension and you'll be hooked for life!

and up your offer for lunch.... happy11.gif
brickmiata
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 7 2015, 05:15 AM) *

Find a six that's sorted out with a upgraded suspension and you'll be hooked for life!

and up your offer for lunch.... happy11.gif

While a dialed in suspension would be more than welcome, I'd be terrified to drive a 6 for more than one reason. A poky 4 would certainly give me a more accurate representation of reality. As for compensation, there's room for negotiation biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
Building a racer is a slippery slope. Buy a racer which is a beast unto itself.

A stock /4 is jolly, but a race prep street car is a kick in the pants.
scott_in_nh
There are several of us closer to the north shore, not sure if we have a member in central mass....

Let me know when/if you are heading toward Hampton NH
brickmiata
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 7 2015, 06:22 AM) *

There are several of us closer to the north shore, not sure if we have a member in central mass....

Let me know when/if you are heading toward Hampton NH

Ah Hampton could work nicely into a beach day somewhere. I'll see if I can't plan a trip that way sometime. Thanks!
ChrisFoley
My shop is half an hour south of Sturbridge off I-84.
I'd let you drive my street 914.
Dave_Darling
Jump on that offer! And know that you'll have a great shop to take the car to if and when you get one!!

--DD
r_towle
Go see chris foley, best thing
AndyB
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 7 2015, 08:26 PM) *

Jump on that offer! And know that you'll have a great shop to take the car to if and when you get one!!

--DD

agree.gif
wndsnd
I would offer a ride but I broke mine a couple of weeks ago and haven't had a chance to fix it yet sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.