Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heat exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joeav8tor
hello to all, type.gif
does anyone know how much a pair of second hand heat exchangers would go for, for a 74 2.0...I am interested in a car that currently does not have heat.
thanks in advance
Joe idea.gif
Allan
Do you know in fact that it is the exchangers? Is it running headers?
joeav8tor
yes the car is running headers...any thoughts. unsure.gif
Allan
Seems to me there was someone here who modified a header system to accomodate heat but you'll need to do a search. Otherwise get yourself some pre-75 H/E's with all the ducting. Stainless is preferred. wink.gif I'm going to be running SS 1.7/1.8 H/E's on my '76.
I got a pair of stainless last year on our local PCA classified for 350.00 in top shape. Also-if you are told that they are stainless, make sure they are 100% stainless, I've ben told that there are a few knock-offs out there that are not all stainless..

-Adam
Bleyseng
SSI is the only one to make the Stainless he's that I know. Very early ones had a mild steel muffler flange that could rust.

These are the ones to get and are still around new if you look. 2.0l are straight pipes at the muffler flange, 1.7l bend up.

Post an ad for the tin you will need and folks will reply. I sold my last set earlier this year.

Geoff
orange914jeff
What do you mean by bend up at the muffler flanges? DO these look like 1.8 or 2.0?
TravisNeff
those are 1.7 or 1.8 units. Notice how the pipes come out of the heater boxes, curl up and then straighten out at the muffler flange? 2.0 exchangers have the pipes coming straight back to the muffler flange without the curl up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.