Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Congratulations to one of our own! Another 914 in Excellence!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
If you haven't unwrapped your Excellence yet you will be pleased!
brant
Did the blue car issue finally come out? Finally?

EdwardBlume
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
rick 918-S
I can't believe I'm the only one that got my Excellence! poke.gif Your just going to have to wait popcorn[1].gif
Cairo94507
Open, Open, Open..... haven't got mine yet! Maybe today confused24.gif
sb914
Haven't got mine. But I did peek on line
Ferg
Certain perfect yellow six i bet!

aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
DAMN! I'm feeling really special now! It's like Back to the Future assimilate.gif when they had the results of all the sporting games and could bet and always win! I'm buying a lottery ticket today! And I'm not saying what's in it. You'll just have to wait! happy11.gif
EdwardBlume
A restored yellow 914/6 that was headed to the junkyard? That does ring a bell.... beer.gif
ConeDodger
Haven't unwrapped an issue of Excellence since our Mr. Stout went to Pano... blink.gif
iamchappy
I just checked it out in Ollies magazine, My car is suppose to be in the Fourteener Motoring's next issue, not Excellance but im still excited about it being featured....
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 8 2015, 09:14 AM) *

Haven't unwrapped an issue of Excellence since our Mr. Stout went to Pano... blink.gif

The 914 coverage has been great. There have been several articles since Pete left. I think he was instrumental in bringing or cars out of the shadows. Anywho, Still buying a ticket today! biggrin.gif
Tom_T
So how is you get your Excellence up in Frostebite Falls, before us in CA, when it's a CA publication!? biggrin.gif

Who did you bribe Rick? dry.gif

I'm still waiting for mine! popcorn[1].gif

I've been waiting to see AT's car for a while now! piratenanner.gif

idea.gif He lives close by, so maybe he is running around town collecting them for his own stash!? happy11.gif

August also had some 914 content in the Dwight Mitchell write-up on pg. 97 fyi for those that didn't see that.

I agree with Rick that Excl. has continued the 914 content since Stout left, while Pano has increased it with him there - among other improvements. So perhaps it's the best of both worlds to have his hand touch both publications!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jul 8 2015, 09:15 AM) *

I just checked it out in Ollies magazine, My car is suppose to be in the Fourteener Motoring's next issue, not Excellance but im still excited about it being featured....

Very well deserved BTW! first.gif
cary
After reading your comment last night I stopped at Barnes & Noble. New issue isn't there yet.
naro914
Got mine yesterday but hadn't had a chance to look at it. Just did when I saw this thread. Awesome car and nice article!

I really think that car NEEDS to be at Okteenerfest.. smile.gif
JmuRiz
I REALLY wish they would have included the before picture. The article and pictures can never do justice to the car, from what I've seen on this board.

I'm sure if I saw it in person, the board postings wouldn't do it justice.
brant
I still haven't seen the issue yet. But congrats andy!!!!
Steve
I got my issue yesterday. We in California are always last for Excellence and PCA magazines.
wes
Just received mine yesterday, WTF.gif strange only little over an hour drive to the mag from my house!
naro914
Most magazines are not distributed/mailed from the editor office. Most are done out of somewhere in the midwest, centrally located like Indiana or somewhere to minimize mailing costs. IIRC Pano is sent from somewhere like Indiana or Illinois...
wes
Thanks, I was beginning to think it was another maid in china thing!
dlkawashima
QUOTE(wes @ Jul 10 2015, 01:50 PM) *

Thanks, I was beginning to think it was another maid in china thing!

confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
wes
Andy's a great guy and a member here, he was at the West Coast Ramble this year. I had the fortunate chance to ride on Saturday with him, His original 914 6 is a wonderful car and if you saw the photo of what he started with you or at least I was amazed as it was a rusty mess of a 914 6, now looks as new though much better in every sense most certainly with great power.
Thanks for a great day Andy! beerchug.gif
mgp4591
I rode with Andy on Friday at WCR for the big tour and WOW, what a nice car! Once we figured out how to load my bum right leg in the car, the ride and the experience was great. On through the twisties in the mountains I had my heart in my throat a couple of times but that's what the driving is about. We got to talk alot about the car and the work involved and he gave me some great tips on my project.
Thanks for the great ride Andy and congratulations - hope to see you at RRC! driving.gif first.gif
rktmn247
Just received my copy. Great pictures and write up. Congratulations Andy!
iwanta914-6
Hmm...I'll have to stop by my parent's house and check out the new Excellence. My dad usually hands them down to me when he's done.

While it's cool to see the 914 getting some respect, its not good for someone like me that is hoping to find one for a decent price. I should have bought one 10 years ago!
oldschool
Andys car.... shoot with my iphone 6+
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jul 14 2015, 08:48 PM) *

Andys car.... shoot with my iphone 6+

grouphug.gif

That thing is cool. I'm going to have to go out and buy an Excellence!
Socalandy
Thanks guys

This started when David Gooley, Excellence photog. Saw my car at the San Marino classic jan. 2014. Tried to clear up some errors in the story but didn't get edited but you guys know the story and that I'm still looking for engine 6404411.

Defenitly an honor to make the magazine!!!
iwanta914-6
I'll be at my Dad's tonight so I'll have to steal his copy of Excellence while I'm there.
jkb944t
Congratulations & great article! It is so amazing to see 914 articles showing up regularly these days.

Jeff B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.