Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installation of springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maine914
I'm installing 165s, replacing really worn out springs. I ordered them from PP. I have the old springs off. What do I do with the four black, hard rubber donuts that came with the new springs. Do they go on top, above the perch -- two on each side?
Mueller
What is the diameter of the donuts? If the same size as the springs, they are insulators, one goes on top of the spring and one goes on the bottom of the spring (between spring and perch)

You could leave them out, but I'd install them for that little extra bit of noise isolation, that and they'll let the springs rotate a little, better to wear those out than the perches.
Maine914
They are not the same size as the springs. They could fit inside the springs. They are 3" on the outside, 2" on the inside and a little more than 1 1/2 " in height. They could sit above the perch, but if put below, they would just flop around. Any thoughts?
SirAndy
can you post pix?
Aaron Cox
hmm...i just did 140 lb weltmeisters, and they didnt have any DONUTS
Maine914
If I knew how to do it, I'd post pics. But I put the 165s in without them. Seem to be OK...though didn't solve the listing to one side problem. I think that they maybe for a supplementary spring inside. I see it on the diagrams. Make sense?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.