Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sideshift gearbox arm position in neutral?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
falcor75
I just assembled my shifter mechanism the other day and with the stick in neutral the arm that goes into the gearbox is fully "into" the gearbox. I cant move the stick very much to the left to find reverse. I guess i need to shift the 1-2 pattern towards the center?
Dave_Darling
In neutral, the selector rod should be able to slide in and out. That's the equivalent of moving the shift lever left and right. Try rotating the end of the selector fore and aft; that's equivalent to moving the lever fore and aft. (Actually, it's the other way around I think.)

There's quite a bit of leverage on the gear shifter, so it could be quite hard to rotate the rod.

--DD
falcor75
I realise I was a bit unclear....(too much garagebeer perhaps?)

With the gearstick centered (Rennshifter) the selcetor arm on the gearbox was fully "into" the gearbox so I had no movement to find first or reverse.

Did the bungy cord and 4th gear setup this morning and its a little better but not as good as I'd want it. I'll try with aligning it with second gear instead and see how that works.
ChrisFoley
I guess you don't have the precision adjuster yet?
falcor75
Yes I have it, just figured I'd get some sort of baseline before finetuning.
At the moment I'm not even sure I can get all gears....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.