Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The bad with the good
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
We know I found the rear of the Banana has 5 lug hubs and Im swapping them over to the racer. Weeeellll as I am going to take the wheel off the left side one of those sporty aluminum lug nuts Porsche is so proud of twisted off mad.gif Anyone have a good tip as to how to get my twisted nut off wacko.gif
Root_Werks
As in: Left the tappered accorn part still on the stud? ohmy.gif
scotty914
drill an 1/8 inch hole down throught the lug nut then put in all steel center punch in the hole and drive it in till the nut splits
spare time toys
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Feb 25 2005, 05:56 PM)
As in: Left the tappered accorn part still on the stud? ohmy.gif

Yep it snapped at the end of the nut. there is about a 16th of an inch then the taper but they put threads in that part also.
Mueller
are you sure it broke and it's not a locking lug nut??

I had a set similar to this design at one time:
user posted image
spare time toys
No .... it snapped off. But I didnt snap this time. No, no yelling and cussing I just roll with the flow. screwy.gif
seanery
give it a good soaking of PB Blaster while you're trying to figure out what to do idea.gif
redshift
Drive it off.

No, I mean drive. smile.gif

M
xsboost90
duuuude. I just went through a similar experience w/ a locking lug when the shop decided to keep my lock for awhile. ONe destroyed wheel later, i found it was easier to drill out the stud then to try and snap that aluminum off. ITs a biatch. Drill the stud out and get it over with. Believe me! sad.gif
ClayPerrine
I thought that the banana had adapters rather than real 5 lug hubs....

So the rear was converted but not the front?

Mueller
time to get out the Dremel® and try to stay as close to the stud so as to prevent damage to the wheel.

I had to do that with a locking lug nut similar to the one I posted above. The remainder of the broken part was too deep to be able to get a good hit on it with a chisel.

spare time toys
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Feb 25 2005, 07:00 PM)
I thought that the banana had adapters rather than real 5 lug hubs....

So the rear was converted but not the front?

It supprized the heck out of me when I found thes. I would have bet it was adapters all around. Wouldnt it be funny if I ever get the front trunk open to find a 911 front end in there. huh.gif
spare time toys
Well I got the wheel off but F'd up the lug hole a little. It can be saved this rim had a bad spot of curb rash any way so Ill take it to the wheel repair joint to be fixed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.