Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 914 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Mach Schnell
I am selling my father’s 1973 914 2.0L. I will list vehicle details and then some pros and cons.

General Details:
-Car was originally Delphi Green Metallic (verified via L 99A paint code and some areas of the car exposing original paint), now painted red (perhaps guards red?).
-Black Interior
-Unknown mileage (showing 31k miles)
-2 Owner car
-Extensive records
-Weber carburetors (original fuel injection system is gone)
-F/R factory sway bars
-Aftermarket Dino steering wheel
-Aftermarket stereo
-Aftermarket front rubber lip
-Aftermarket driver side rear view mirror
-Aftermarket rocker panel covers
-Aftermarket exhaust (monza?)
-Aftermarket rear spoiler
-All chrome was painted black (can be stripped)
-150mph speedo
-No COA to verify #s matching, but not aware of any swaps

Pros:
-Originally delphi green metallic
-No rust in h&!! hole (believe this was repaired years ago but would need to review records)
-Believed to be original floor pans (did not note any rust after a cursory look)
-Rockers appear solid (did not note any rust after a cursory look)
-Rear trunk appears flawless
-Seats are being recovered to factory spec

Cons:
-Car has sat for at least 4 years (was running well when parked)
-Evidence of mice but believe they have been eradicated (needs a good cleaning to eliminate remnants)
-Some rust behind headlights
-Some rust in the seams of the passenger side door
-Paint is oxidized
-Surface rust on battery tray (no rust holes or bubbles)

The car comes with lots of spares (top, interior bits, trim, etc...)

Asking price of $9K with reupholstered seats, finished interior and car running.

Thank you in advance…

Photos are unedited cell phone pics

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rjames
I am looking for a range of valuations for the car as is. I believe this car will start and run with the proper steps taken to fire it up after sitting 4+ years. In fact I may get the car running as it will probably make a difference in sale.

Since you asked.... It's a nice looking car but I think $12k is too high given it isn't running, has carbs and has gone through a color change. Get it running and that will help your cause. For $12k I would want a well sorted car that needs little or no attention.
Mach Schnell
QUOTE(rjames @ Jul 8 2015, 03:59 PM) *

I am looking for a range of valuations for the car as is. I believe this car will start and run with the proper steps taken to fire it up after sitting 4+ years. In fact I may get the car running as it will probably make a difference in sale.

Since you asked.... It's a nice looking car but I think $12k is too high given it isn't running, has carbs and has gone through a color change. Get it running and that will help your cause. For $12k I would want a well sorted car that needs little or no attention.

I will get the car running by the weekend. I also have all interior carpet pieces that will go in once the seats are back. I know $12K is high and I'm willing to talk realistic prices with anyone who is seriously interested.
Mach Schnell
Updated price of $9K includes finished interior and engine running. Car is located in McLean, VA.
Mach Schnell
Paint came back to life with a little work. New battery installed. Interior back in with the exception of the seats which should be done in a couple of weeks.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
mepstein
Very nice.
Mach Schnell
I have receipts for $6,000 worth of repairs made within the last 100 miles. Work includes new f/r brake rotors, brake pads, brake lines, wheel bearings, carb work, fuel tank restoration, plugs...
Meloosifah
How about popping the rocker covers off and posting a couple pics of the longitudinals and floors and firewall?
Mach Schnell
The rocker covers are riveted. They will come off easy enough but the plastic around the rivets will likely not survive the removal and will leave me without rocker covers.

I got the car started and it runs great. I have video from this morning of the engine running which I can e-mail to interested parties.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mach Schnell
A few pics of the longitudinals and jack ports...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mach Schnell
Available
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.