Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just had my first glitch with AA P&C's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
We were assembling a 2.0 type IV with euro pistons for my son Aric's 912. One of the cylinders is measurably taller when placed in the spigot in the block. Fortunately I had a matched set of factory cylinders that were honed and sitting in a box. So these will need to go to the Chevy guys low buck machine shop to get dressed. I guess I will be ordering a set of pistons now as we used the last set of euro's we had.

I heard of this cylinder height issue with others but so far I have had good luck with the parts. Be careful out there fellas! There is some crap flying off the shelves these days.
Dave_Darling
Measure everything with those. Their QC appears to be hit-or-miss, at best.

--DD
McMark
Yup. I ended up buying a surface plate and height gauge in order to check cylinders before we install them. Of course, every set I've checked since buying them has been perfectly matched. rolleyes.gif
Mueller
Their customer support is or used to be good, I had an inclusion in a cylinder wall and they actually sent someone to my house to swap parts and I'm a good 45 minutes away with 0 traffic!

I'm guessing they had been doing a parts run in my area, but it was still nice.
rick 918-S
We bought the set from a second party that never used them. Just pays to check things out no matter what you buy. As Mark stated, The other ones I used were fine.
Tom_T
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 9 2015, 06:00 AM) *

We bought the set from a second party that never used them. Just pays to check things out no matter what you buy. As Mark stated, The other ones I used were fine.

I think George would still make you whole Rick with a proper part in exchange. Can't hurt to call him personally, in these days of unlimited long distance cell phones!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 9 2015, 01:49 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 9 2015, 06:00 AM) *

I think George would still make you whole Rick with a proper part in exchange. Can't hurt to call him personally, in these days of unlimited long distance cell phones!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom - AA p&c's are not made by auto Atlanta.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 9 2015, 01:25 PM) *

Tom - AA p&c's are not made by auto Atlanta.

http://aapistons.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.