Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Injector #1 not firing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DavidSweden
I am trying to figure out why my engine suddenly refused to start. This evening I was checking the injectors. I removed the injectors turned on the ignition and tested the spray pattern by opening/closing the throttle. The number #1 injector did not click /spay fuel, I took the connector for #2 and plugged it into #1 and it worked. I then removed the wiring harness from the ECU and checked for faults to ground and it seems good.

Can anyone explain why the injector does not work? I should also add that the car fires on the first start attempt runs for a couple of seconds and then refuses to start again. The plugs are dry on inspection, there is spark, timing is set and I have compression as well as fuel pressure. I have also replaced TS2 and have a rebuilt MPS.

Thanks
headbang.gif
Bob L.
From what I have read, ECU failure is very rare. Could be a bad ground for the 1/3 injector pair or a bad connector at #1
larss
The ouput in the ECU for #1 is in common with #3 so if the ECU ouput for #1 is bad also #3 would not work.
Also if only #1 was missing the engine would likely start but hunt.
Im guessing on a bad ground for injectors #1 and/or 3 in 1st hand.
If only #1 is missing check the connector for #1.

Lars S
DavidSweden
QUOTE(larss @ Jul 9 2015, 09:56 AM) *

The ouput in the ECU for #1 is in common with #3 so if the ECU ouput for #1 is bad also #3 would not work.
Also if only #1 was missing the engine would likely start but hunt.
Im guessing on a bad ground for injectors #1 and/or 3 in 1st hand.
If only #1 is missing check the connector for #1.

Lars S

When I crank the engine all 4 injectors fire but when I move the throttle by hand only 3 of them fire. I guess this means that there is no problem with the injectors.
larss
When the injector does not fire is that because of the electric impulse is missing or is the injector stuck (sometimes)?
You could measure the voltage in the injector plug with a analogue instrument the needle should jump, the pulse is someting like 5V DC.
Yes the ECUs wery seldom fails.
Even if injector 1 and 3 always fires at the same time they m i g h t have their own output transistors in the ECU, Im not sure, if so of course one of them can go bad and measuring the output as per above should tell. If not already done also test the wire to injector no1 all the way to the ECU (wire no 3) and of course the ground wire for injector no1 (connected to ground at the multi spade connection on top of the engine case at one bolt).

Lars S
falcor75
David send me a PM, I have a working 2.0 ECU you can borrow to test with.
larss
Any update on this..? Intrested to hear how it went...

Lars S
DavidSweden
QUOTE(larss @ Jul 20 2015, 03:29 AM) *

Lars S

Lars,

I wasted a lot of time by jumping to conclusions. eventually I followed members advice. See this thread
larss
QUOTE(DavidSweden @ Jul 20 2015, 01:41 PM) *

QUOTE(larss @ Jul 20 2015, 03:29 AM) *

Lars S

Lars,

I wasted a lot of time by jumping to conclusions. eventually I followed members advice. See this thread

Oh that was sad to see..possibly and hopefully damage is to the heads only but thats bad enough :-(

Lars S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.