Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Met an original owner today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
i pulled in to the gas sation, pop the hood, and start fillin er up. so the guy next to me in an suv asks "is that a 72?", i said "close- its a 73"...he told me the story of how he bought the 914 1.7 1972 from the dealer.....told me he had an orange/tangerine one.....got too many tickets in it tho sad.gif ....it was nice talking to somoene knowledgeble about the 914 biggrin.gif
vortrex
too many tickets in a 1.7? do you live in an area with a lot of long and steep declines? biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
he also told me he was going 140 down from big bear (stock only indicates to 120 biggrin.gif )...hehe in a 914-4 laugh.gif
vortrex
that's one fast 1.7! the 2.0's must do 160?
Aaron Cox
hehe biggrin.gif
can only imagine what the /6's could do! 300mph?
vortrex
I can see it now...

the land speed record being set by a stock 914-6...
Bleyseng
Yeah, going downhill on Lombard St!
Look out!!! tongue.gif
Aaron Cox
i can see that....dirifting around all the corners...thru the chicane! airborne in 3... 2.... 1... we have liftoff...
Mr.C
Ok I know you won't believe me, but I was drafting a guy up to 115 mph in my 1.7. Stock size tires just about redline. It will barely do a 100 otherwise.
nebreitling
QUOTE(Cabasa @ Jun 7 2003, 05:50 PM)
Ok I know you won't believe me, but I was drafting a guy up to 115 mph in my 1.7. Stock size tires just about redline. It will barely do a 100 otherwise.

barely do 100? i've seen 110 on a flat with 195/50's and plently of room left on the tach.
Aaron Cox
before i hit the top speeds, ill redo my front suspension...take it out to el mirage drylake and let her loose!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.