Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silly question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bagpype
I just picked up my first 914. It is my 3rd Porsche that I've ever owned and also the oldest. It is a 1971. My question, which invariably is going to sound really silly to me after its answered is this; right next to the gas tank on the left (passenger side) is a plastic tank with a cap on it. What is this for? Thanks in advance for the helpful replies.
type47
windshield washer bottle. Should be a tube from the cap to the tire valve on the spare for air pressure.
welcome.png
snakemain
And there may be a hose that runs from that bottle to the spare tire...it runs on air pressure and draws it from the spare.
Mike Bellis
welcome.png
Bagpype
I just picked up my first 914. It is my 3rd Porsche that I've ever owned and also the oldest. It is a 1971. My question, which invariably is going to sound really silly to me after its answered is this; right next to the gas tank on the left (passenger side) is a plastic tank with a cap on it. What is this for? Thanks in advance for the helpful replies.
GaroldShaffer
when looking at the gas tank from the front of the car on the left (passenger side) is windshield washer bottle.
rick 918-S
welcome.png
Bagpype
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jul 9 2015, 10:45 PM) *

when looking at the gas tank from the front of the car on the left (passenger side) is windshield washer bottle.

Yes!! You rock! Thank you so much!
stugray
Next will come the real question: How the hell does it work?!

Does it have a hose coming off of the cap (likely going to no-where) or is that part missing?
Do you have a spare tire?
ConeDodger
Now I have a silly question. Did you just start a second "silly question" thread because you couldn't find the first one you started? blink.gif welcome.png
ConeDodger
This one?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jul 9 2015, 06:07 PM) *

welcome.png

agree.gif agree.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 9 2015, 08:38 PM) *

This one?

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
Hank914
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 9 2015, 10:12 PM) *

This one?

No, that one.

"This one" was combined with this one. Therefore no longer "that one", since this one and that one are now one. Got it?

Kinda like "who's on first?"
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Hank914 @ Jul 9 2015, 10:17 PM) *

This one?

No, that one.

"This one" was combined with this one. Therefore no longer "that one", since this one and that one are now one. Got it?

mbseto
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 10 2015, 01:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Hank914 @ Jul 9 2015, 10:17 PM) *

This one?

No, that one.

If you are really not familiar with the "who's on first reference", do yourself a favor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQXwt83hYkE

ConeDodger
This is the best silly question ever!! biggrin.gif
PanelBilly
One or won?

Or is it Juan?

Welcome
bandjoey
Cut the hose. Get a $12 Flaps electric pump. the rotten hose works it's inside the steering wheel and will dump water in your lap when it splits.

Somewhere here there's a thread on this. I don't have it bookmarked but someone will post it I'm sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.