Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel pump leaking
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porky
my car never would pass DC emissions, but moving to VA where i can actually drive it. cleaned it up, charged the battery, and drove it around inside my parking garage to make sure everything felt right. smelled extra-gassy after i parked and i noticed a trail of gas drops where i'd driven and puddles of it where i'd stopped. IPB Image
it's a carbed car. fuel pump seems to be the source. only seems to have one wire... guess being bolted to the body functions as the ground? just checking to make sure i'll be buying the right replacement. does this look like it'll do the job?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperC...L_pg2.htm#item4
type47
Doesn't DC have an antique plate offering like MD and VA? VA antique=no emissions test, safety inspection, limited use, one time fee for permanent plate .... Don't know the answer for your pump question. A search here might surface current carb fuel pump wisdom. Did you check your local FLAPS?
dangrouche
thats a Facet brand fuel pump you have there; get it from FLAPs or on the web.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.