Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My car drives again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
Duplicating my update to my progress thread but so what...

My newly ringed and cleaned up, new to me 2.0L ran today mueba.gif

After a little hick-up last week which resulted in pulling the motor and stripping it back down after just getting it in the car I got it back in last night and fired it up today. Damn does it sound good.

Took a few laps around the neighborhood and man what a difference from the tired 1.7 that was in there. driving.gif I am really impressed with the feel of this motor.

Now for a little more brake bleeding and a longer test drive tommorow. biggrin.gif

Think I will celebrate beer3.gif
Allan
smilie_pokal.gif Keep us updated please.
Rhodes71/914
First real road test today, 15 mile drive, with the top off, man what a blast, I can't beleive how strong the motor pulls compared to the 1.7. Strong acceleration through all rpms. No hesitation or stuttering at all.

Now I need to get my center consul together and put in my VDO oil temp gauge so I can't monitor that. On top a thousand other little things.

man is it fun to drive this car again. biggrin.gif
mharrison
Congratulations!!!

I'm looking forward to putting my new one on the road. I'm still busy blasting the engine compartment to get it ready for paint, but once that's done I hope to enjoy the driving experience you just had!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.