Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight alignment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
913B
Well, I have read Sir Andy's write up and searched for any threads, I am getting no where, its kicking my ass and killing my back from bending over so much.

All previous alignment settings have been erased. The headlight motors have been loosened and the headlight buckets have been R/R for re-conditioning. Now I am having a heck of time aligning it back, I can get gaps around the headlights fine, but then I attach the bar to the motor and then it isn't flush when operating motors in the down position. I loosened the side brackets to allow it to be flush when closed, but then then it screws up all the gaps again. Feels like I am going in circles.

The gaps as far as I recall before all this was fine and no there does not appear to be any accident repairs in the headlight areas. I am having problems with both of them. I cant get any of them to align right. Taking a break and asking the world members for any assistance

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Ted
SirAndy
If it isn't flush when down you need to pull the relays again when the motors are down, remove the arms and readjust the lights, then reattach the arm.

Also make sure that the STOP screw is all the way OUT until the headlights are aligned perfectly, otherwise it will interfere with the alignment.
The stop screw is only used to prevent the lights from vibrating when all the way up and should just *barely* touch the tab on the lights, it is NOT meant to actually stop the motor from operating the lights.
idea.gif
markb
It's all about trial & error. It just takes time. When you get too frustrated, walk away for a bit. Eventually you will accidentally get it pefect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.