Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let me see your Cis fuel Plumbing!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cfletch
I'm looking for some spots you guys have on placing the pump, filter, and accumulator.
Need some inspirational photos on placement as well as what you used to mount it as well as the MSD box. Thanks!
-Colin
Maltese Falcon
Kind of difficult to take pictures right now on the placement >>> tight packaging; but on my cis biturbo it's like this:

Front trunk = fuel pump 1
Stock location= fuel pump 2
Just under the battery tray= accumulater☆
Near the bottom of the battery tray support facing firewall = fuel filter☆
CD box #1+2 on interior firewall just behind pass seat
Ignition Coil #1+2 on firewall where the ecu used to be
Battery relocated to rear trunk

☆make support brackets for these.
Your install nay vary !
Marty

iamchappy
i shoved everything into the area the battery used to be..... biggrin.gif
Cfletch
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jul 11 2015, 08:01 PM) *

i shoved everything into the area the battery used to be..... biggrin.gif

also where did you get those high pressure fittings?
iamchappy
I get most of my stuff from pegasus racing. i did move my MSD box to the other drivers side of the firewall, as you can see it was in the way of the distributor, and i did eventually put a fitting on the line going to the fuel accumulator in the picture, the hose clamp was temporary.
Cfletch
ok, because I've got my 2.7 almost going in there and am just trying to see where i can stick all the goodies and where i can get all the high pressure hoses and what not. I was thinking maybe i can just run regular high pressure rubber lines and clamps like what I took off of my original 1.7.... Is this frowned upon or what exactly.
Maltese Falcon
Don't do it.
Use appropriate fittings on your cis, just like the way it was designed to use. There are a lot of pre- formed cis steel fuel lines available from your donor 911 2.7 engine that you should incorporate.
Like Chappy said, Pegasus has the goods too.
Only use a cis rated fuel pump (s)...any other won't fly.
Marty
Cfletch
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jul 11 2015, 09:11 PM) *

Don't do it.
Use appropriate fittings on your cis, just like the way it was designed to use. There are a lot of pre- formed cis steel fuel lines available from your donor 911 2.7 engine that you should incorporate.
Like Chappy said, Pegasus has the goods too.
Only use a cis rated fuel pump (s)...any other won't fly.
Marty

I've got the right pump from Pelican, i just need those darn lines that go from my stainless steal hard lines basically to the pump, filter, and accumulator and then up to the engine.
Jeffs9146
Is it inspirational, I don't know but this is what I did!

I welded a mount behind the battery for the filter and accumulator. Then I purchased the 914-6 ignition module mount for the battery tray for the MSD unit. I put the pump in the factory 75 location under the tank.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jul 12 2015, 01:55 AM) *

I purchased the 914-6 ignition module mount for the battery tray for the MSD unit.
Click to view attachment

I did similar with my MSD mount, but mine mounts the MSD upside down and almost halfway under the battery tray.
I also did it this way as it made for hiding the mess of wires better and the MSD pickup lead closer to the dizzy, so I don't have to use an extension. As well as bit of a rain guard if using a GT hood .

The cover plate on top is so I can replace the RPM pill without removing the MSD AL-6 from the mount. Newer AL-6 no longer use the pills.
campbellcj
Mine's twin-plugged and the MSD boxes are inside the rear trunk on the engine firewall. Zero probs with this setup.
VegasRacer
I keep my junk in the trunk. bootyshake.gif
iamchappy
I forgot to mention to adapt some of the an fittings like to the accumulator you have to braze steel ones onto the tubing or old fitting, those are also avalible at pegasus.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.