Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 Outlaw conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
This is build is beautiful! Currently For Sale. I have no association...Just wanted to share a great car.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...11-s-motor.html
Sedonut
Great ebay description. Currently at $34,600 on ebay with lots of time left. It makes me want to do a 6 conversion.
Mueller
Nice car....I think the term Outlaw is misapplied here greatly....

It's a replica of a factory car with a bigger motor?!

To me Outlaw vehicles somewhat irk the purists of original cars, this car would fit right in the purists...
damesandhotrods
Calling that thing “outlaw” should be grounds enough for a false advertising lawsuit…
Mark Henry
Looks a lot like my build except I'm using a 3.0
It's 90+% done maybe watching this will give me a bit of a push.
mepstein
Supertech engine drooley.gif
914forme
Outlaw, NOPE
Clean conversion - Yes
I don't see one item on that car that would make me thing hotrod or outlaw.

The man that defined this space in the Porsche world. "The term 356 Outlaw was a name given to The Emory's in the early 80’s because we were not afraid to install race and rally inspired accessories to a vintage Porsche. At time when full concourse restorations were at their peak and the owners were using q-tips to clean the dust out of the defrost vents, we were putting wide wheels and race numbers on our 356’s and driving them the way Porsche intended them to be driven. Now even the Porsche parade concourse events have classes for Outlaws. Emory Motorsports continues to build 356, 911, 912 and VW Outlaws for clients all over the world."

Emory has taken this over the top. drooley.gif

Click to view attachment

914 wise there are a lot of them on this site.... But that car certainly does not qualify as an outlaw.

We my friends might be at the verge of being in the same market as normal concours restorations are starting to push the norm due to the money in this place.

I have termed my car an outlaw because, race peeped items, and every body part will be modified to make it lighter, add stiffened, or fit larger wheels.... Now if I can get the Miata out of the shop as they seem to be breeding in there. sheeplove.gif
rgalla9146
Beautiful car. Great details.
Description ?....... trying too hard.
bcheney
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jul 12 2015, 02:28 AM) *

Nice car....I think the term Outlaw is misapplied here greatly....

It's a replica of a factory car with a bigger motor?!

To me Outlaw vehicles somewhat irk the purists of original cars, this car would fit right in the purists...

agree.gif
bcheney
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 12 2015, 06:56 AM) *

Looks a lot like my build except I'm using a 3.0
It's 90+% done maybe watching this will give me a bit of a push.

Whatever it takes...keep the ball moving...the end is so satisfying aktion035.gif driving.gif
Mark Henry
I think I've met the owner.

Being from Montreal and he likely is French speaking (as in English as 2nd language) and considers it "outlaw" because a lot of the parts would not have been on a real /6.
Mike Bellis
$35.6k reserve not met... Are those Canadian dollars? biggrin.gif Seems a little over priced...

But what do I know about non outlaw outlaws... confused24.gif
Mike Bellis
I just read the Samba ad asking for $55k. Maybe his Outlaw 914 robbed a bank and needs bail money... bootyshake.gif

It's a very nice conversion car with lots of good parts. GLWS...
PanelBilly
If he paid someone else to do the work I can see how he could spend $55000. Nice car. Wonder why it's being sold and how old the conversion is. Did he drive it for a few months or years
Mark Henry
Just the Supertec engine alone I bet was over $25K.
mepstein
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 12 2015, 02:36 PM) *

Just the Supertec engine alone I bet was over $25K.

agree.gif and worth every penny.
Mark Henry
Looks like he ended the ebay auction.

Here's a bunch of youtube snippets of his 914
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0K9EYZ80gvFkXSzrbAfLYw
LeftCoastErik
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 13 2015, 05:59 AM) *

Looks like he ended the ebay auction.

Here's a bunch of youtube snippets of his 914
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0K9EYZ80gvFkXSzrbAfLYw

Very cool car. Interesting that "Outlaw" has come up. I'm pretty new to the P-Car world, but it seems to get thrown around alot. Do things like V8 or Suby conversions count as "Outlaw" or is it strictly reserved for a Porsche gone bad(ass)?
naro914
Jeez, if that's an "outlaw" Huey is a hardened criminal! ohmy.gif
JmuRiz
Outlaw was basically anything that pissed off the establishment (wine and cheese crowd). Typically it applies to the 356 and longhood 911 groups. I'm not sure there's much that would pass for more than faux outrage with the 914 community.

The car discussed it not an outlaw, just a VERY nice conversion. One that's probably worth the $50k asking, all things considered.
If I were a more motivated person I would get off my duff and finish my car, in my mind it'll be similar, if not better biggrin.gif when I finish it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.