Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buzzer keeps going off
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Sometimes when I open the door and the key is out, the buzzer still goes off. Not every time. I put the key in and turn it and then the buzzer goes off.

By the way, hoping to do the first start up Tuesday night!! Still working out the details. Could make for a fun TeenerTuesday beer3.gif
toolguy
The steering wheel is not in the correct position to allow the locking pin to engage. . next time this happens just turn the wheel gently and see if it stops when the wheel lock engages.
Hank914
QUOTE(toolguy @ Jul 12 2015, 11:05 AM) *

The steering wheel is not in the correct position to allow the locking pin to engage. . next time this happens just turn the wheel gently and see if it stops when the wheel lock engages.

agree.gif

Or also, make sure that the key is not still indented into the cylinder, even when the wheel is in the correct position. I can have my buzzer going off even after the wheel is in the correct position and the key removed, because the cylinder is still depressed. I think I need to take it out and clean...someday when I'm not driving it.
PanelBilly
I disconnected the two switches on the doors and at least it's quiet for now. I'm thinking either they are worn out or I have it wired wrong.
toolguy
easy to remove the buzzer on the fuse panel, just unplug it. .
Cuda911
QUOTE(toolguy @ Jul 12 2015, 02:14 PM) *

easy to remove the buzzer on the fuse panel, just unplug it. .

Had mine disconnected, too. See no value to it.
Dave_Darling
The "door ajar" buzzer on the 74+ cars is under the passenger's seat. I gave mine the "float test".

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.