Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shade Tree Long Repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I saw this picture of someone's long repair. No welding, just use rivets! Even the repair is splitting. It looks like the jack hole has been moved north too. Rocker jack hole won't match up but who would use the standard jack anyway on this long?
Mike Bellis
Couple more screws on each side of the crack and it will be fine... barf.gif
PanelBilly
Needs some bondo
bdstone914
I went to look at a car one time with a nice red paint job. No door gap at the top and the long was repaired with window screen and bondo. The guy could not understand the problem with it.
JawjaPorsche
Am I missing something? This same car has three bids and now is at $5300 and reserve not met!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-targa-...em=261963158270

http://www.use.com/Ck0z9?p=13
era vulgaris
That car's been making the rounds. I've seen it for sale 3 or 4 other times in the last year or two. It was for sale here in the classifieds a while back by a guy in Colorado. There was a thread here in the garage on it too around the same time regarding the hole in the long.
rhodyguy
Some hapless bidders. Maybe they think the carbed 2056 is worth the price of admission.
mepstein
Or shill bids
bandjoey
Well, nothing is being hidden. We've seen the same or worse brought back from the dead. ( at. $800-$1500 entry price) if this sells were definitely on an upswing price bubble. Sell high and rebuy when they go low.
mbseto
This is how ebay has developed...
At the start, savvy buyers get great deals.
After it got popular, buyers and sellers arrive at fair market values.
Now, monied sellers overbid.
Chris H.
"Paint is not perfect...." Ya think?

PlantMan
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 13 2015, 08:12 AM) *

Or shill bids

agree.gif
Happens all the time...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.