Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Peachstate PCA Concours - Henessy Porcshe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next
Decided to do the Peachstate PCA Concours today. I'm not really big show guy but thought I'd try it. Did full/touring class. Was a good excuse to get the car really cleaned up over the past few months. Did well. Car was judged 234 out of 235 points and five tenths of the points lost were things that I can't....or won't...change, like the slight delamination in the lower corner of the original windshield glass and paint scraped off the original battery hold-down bracket. I was pleased with the result.

There were three 914's but a few other 914 guys showed up. Harve (57lincolnman) and Dee (db9146) both dropped by for a while. Wished I had gotten pics of a few other cars. Zoned out on that. Al was there with his gulf oil paint scheme 914 also. It was a fun day. Sara and I had a great time. Great group of people.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
db9146
Congrats Steve!!! That is fantastic. You have a beautiful car! I enjoyed lunch with you, Sara, and Harve.
914Next
QUOTE(db9146 @ Jul 12 2015, 10:50 PM) *

Congrats Steve!!! That is fantastic. You have a beautiful car! I enjoyed lunch with you, Sara, and Harve.

Thanks, Dee. Was great to see your six also. Once again, I wish I would have thought to get some pics of it. You're going to have fun with that one.
57lincolnman
QUOTE(914Next @ Jul 12 2015, 06:39 PM) *

Decided to do the Peachstate PCA Concours today. I'm not really big show guy but thought I'd try it. Did full/touring class. Was a good excuse to get the car really cleaned up over the past few months. Did well. Car was judged 234 out of 235 points and five tenths of the points lost were things that I can't....or won't...change, like the slight delamination in the lower corner of the original windshield glass and paint scraped off the original battery hold-down bracket. I was pleased with the result.

There were three 914's but a few other 914 guys showed up. Harve (57lincolnman) and Dee (db9146) both dropped by for a while. Wished I had gotten pics of a few other cars. Zoned out on that. Al was there with his gulf oil paint scheme 914 also. It was a fun day. Sara and I had a great time. Great group of people.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Congratulations. The car shows beautifully. The car could be placed in the new car show room and its 1973 again. It's that perfect. Well done.
JFJ914
Steve, nice meeting you and Sara. I'm sorry I couldn't find anything more wrong with your trunk than a greasy seal! Minus .1 point was the worst I could do. It's a beautiful survivor and it shows very well.

Dee, where was your six? Was it judged? I didn't see it or get to meet you.

Harve, did all the 914 expert "Brain Trust" solve your bucking problem or just confuse the issue. We're always willing to confuse an issue to death.

Hope to see you all at the Membership meeting tonight at the North Point Diner.

Also hope you'll all sign up for Okteenerfest!
Mueller
Congrats!

I'll never own a Concours level 914 myself so I am glad there are other people that will have them and that can keep them that way!
Tom_T
Outstanding Steve - 1 point off of a perfect score on your first time out! smilie_pokal.gif

Did you win class (914s) for Full/Touring Div.? first.gif

The folks at Peachtree were all great when I visited there for a biz conference/etc. a few years back, & helped with judging at George's suggestion to come out to their Concours. Only complaint came from a sweet UGa alum at the registration table about my USC ballcap, who said: "...[I] could come back anytime, but without the hat." biggrin.gif

It was at an outdoor venue near the Caffeine & Octane event, a few weeks before the Savannah Parade. An AC facility would be a welcome break in Georgia July! smile.gif

Keep going to any of the other Zone Concours in your area & you may just get top honors for the year in your Zone year end standings!

We could have 2 914s - 1 on each coast, with top honors this year if you choose to do that - since SoCal Andy took top honors with his restored yellow 70 914-6GT/M471 in Class (914s), Division (Full Concours - ours includes undercarriage/underbody judged) & overall at the LA Concours yesterday!

Although, you may be better served to be in their unrestored class.

Congratz! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914Next
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Jul 13 2015, 11:46 AM) *

Steve, nice meeting you and Sara. I'm sorry I couldn't find anything more wrong with your trunk than a greasy seal! Minus .1 point was the worst I could do. It's a beautiful survivor and it shows very well.

Dee, where was your six? Was it judged? I didn't see it or get to meet you.

Harve, did all the 914 expert "Brain Trust" solve your bucking problem or just confuse the issue. We're always willing to confuse an issue to death.

Hope to see you all at the Membership meeting tonight at the North Point Diner.

Also hope you'll all sign up for Okteenerfest!

John, I would expect nothing less than you finding my greasy seal! (somehow that sounds wrong). That's the type of thing I expected to learn by doing this. It was great fun. Thanks for taking on the judging task.
914Next
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 13 2015, 01:56 PM) *

Outstanding Steve - 1 point off of a perfect score on your first time out! smilie_pokal.gif

The folks at Peachtree were all great when I visited there for a biz conference/etc. a few years back, & helped with judging at George's suggestion to come out to their Concours. Only complaint came from a sweet UGa alum at the registration table about my USC ballcap, who said: "...[I] could come back anytime, but without the hat." biggrin.gif

It was at an outdoor venue near the Caffeine & Octane event, a few weeks before the Savannah Parade. An AC facility would be a welcome break in Georgia July! smile.gif

Keep going to any of the other Zone Concours in your area & you may just get top honors for the year in your Zone year end standings!

We could have 2 914s - 1 on each coast, with top honors this year if you choose to do that - since SoCal Andy took top honors with his restored yellow 70 914-6GT/M471 in Class (914s), Division (Full Concours - ours includes undercarriage/underbody judged) & overall at the LA Concours yesterday!

Congratz! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks, Tom. Yes it was top honors for 914 but I was the only 914 in Touring so I was really competing for points. It was a great experience. Sara and I loved it.
914Next
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jul 13 2015, 12:06 PM) *

Congrats!

I'll never own a Concours level 914 myself so I am glad there are other people that will have them and that can keep them that way!

Thanks....and I'll never have the mechanical ability to restore or do major repairs on my own so I'm glad there are people who can do it or steer me in the right direction.
Tom_T
QUOTE(914Next @ Jul 13 2015, 01:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 13 2015, 01:56 PM) *

Congratz! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks, Tom. Yes it was top honors for 914 but I was the only 914 in Touring so I was really competing for points. It was a great experience. Sara and I loved it.

That's not uncommon for 914s & other older Porsches, since they're fewer & further between - especially in showable condition - but the points still tell the story between the other MY/models entered!

I encourage you to continue for Zone honors back there, but take a look at what rules & scoring are for year end honors.

There are also some great CdE resources on our Zone 8 website for you & the others who are prepping cars - & all of the blue & other hotlinks spawn out documents:

http://www.zone8.org/events/format/concours.php

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
//////
JawjaPorsche
Congratulations! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.