Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumblebee LE still floating around...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
billh1963
QUOTE(87m491 @ Jul 13 2015, 08:56 AM) *

No bidders because the ad is all hype and short on detail.

The rear trunk is freshly painted...the front trunk has surface rust. What's under that tire?

No pictures of hell hole or longs

At least one crack on dash (may be more)

The ad raises more questions than it answers.....
Cairo94507
Really? A ten year old could take better photos of a car than that. What is the mater with sellers? Can't they for one second think before they do something. I am surprised they didn't shoot it on a grassy knoll from 1000 yards.....
7TPorsh
Glamour shots....makes anything look good....no closeups
87m491
Supposedly there was a second shooter but they can't find the pix!

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 13 2015, 02:46 PM) *

Really? I am surprised they didn't shoot it on a grassy knoll from 1000 yards.....

Cairo94507
Exactly slap.gif

We would all love to see good photos of that Bee - I am sure.
87m491
Seems to be this car...

http://jsbfoto.slickpic.com/share/MxxENZDc...e914LE/?squared

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 13 2015, 08:13 PM) *

Exactly slap.gif

We would all love to see good photos of that Bee - I am sure.

Cairo94507
Well that is much better to be sure but they still left a lot of critical areas out of the photos. But...overall seems to be a nice Bumble-Bee.
era vulgaris
That car's been for sale for almost a year now at this point...from two different sellers. First seller was in Oregon (it ran on ebay twice and was even posted here in the World classifieds), who sold the car last fall for around $16K IIRC. ALL the pics (the outdoor pics and indoor pics) were taken by the Oregon seller.

The 2nd seller in MA, who obviously bought it to flip from the Oregon guy, started the car off at $30K a couple months ago using the Oregon guy's pics. It appears he's come down a lot in price.
MikieP4121
I'm actually thinking about bidding on the car. I'm curious about the comps. If I can get the car for $19,500 I don't understand how that isn't a good price. (as long as the rust as is he says)

My dad restores cars and has had 4 of his cars make the cover of Hot VW magazine.

with only 1000 CanAms/500 BBs and Porsches are Hot Hot how isn't this a 50k car with a concours level resto?

My intention is not to flip the car but to restore and keep it.

Are there any parts on this LE that are impossible to replace?
914Sixer
Way over priced! Only part that is hard to find is an OE front spoiler with the 914 part number on it. Go to Jeff Bowlsby site and read up on LE's.
rhodyguy
for you new guys. read and heed the comments above. why do you think there are are 0 bids at that opening price?
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(MikieP4121 @ Aug 5 2015, 06:04 PM) *

I'm actually thinking about bidding on the car. I'm curious about the comps. If I can get the car for $19,500 I don't understand how that isn't a good price. (as long as the rust as is he says)

My dad restores cars and has had 4 of his cars make the cover of Hot VW magazine.

with only 1000 CanAms/500 BBs and Porsches are Hot Hot how isn't this a 50k car with a concours level resto?

My intention is not to flip the car but to restore and keep it.

Are there any parts on this LE that are impossible to replace?

If you plan on keeping it, go for it. Just don't expect to get a premium price for a non numbers matching car even if it is a Bee if you decide to sell.

On another note, don't Bees or LEs in general usually have the "PORSCHE" text on the sides?
914work
Correct : Negative side stripes in the matching trim color, Phoenix Red or Sunflower yellow.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 6 2015, 10:18 AM) *

Correct : Negative side stripes in the matching trim color, Phoenix Red or Sunflower yellow.

So is this a "legit" bumble bee? Can it be verified with the VIN or some other way?
914work
With a COA & visual inspection
Johny Blackstain
I agree that the chassis does bear more scrutiny on this LE. Aside from the obvious, (no side stripe/not a genuine OEM front spoiler/rockers with no jack plugs/cracked dash), this is not a numbers matching LE. If you want a genuine LE, it needs to be as close to factory as possible. Otherwise it may as well be just another 914-4. These factors, along with the high asking price are probably the reasons why this LE continues to be relisted & never sells.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-Limite...em=221844556834
SteveLE
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Aug 6 2015, 07:28 AM) *

QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 6 2015, 10:18 AM) *

So is this a "legit" bumble bee? Can it be verified with the VIN or some other way?

The car is on the registry and does have a COA.

http://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/914CanAmRegistry.htm

vin: 4742914890
era vulgaris
Look who's back...
http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-porsche-914-2-0-le-2/
87m491
looks like we will finally get a "market correct" price for a 914 bumble bee LE....

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ May 17 2016, 06:47 AM) *

era vulgaris
QUOTE(87m491 @ May 17 2016, 04:01 PM) *

looks like we will finally get a "market correct" price for a 914 bumble bee LE....

...that has a non-numbers matching engine, incorrect front spoiler, no jack hole plugs in the rockers, a cracked dash, paint that needs a final buffing and polish, side stripes to be added, etc etc
2mAn
Auction closed at $15,000. Seller was bummed, but Im sure they made a profit
Frankvw
15K....funny. there were higher offers on this car before and did not sell...offers not taken.....now 15k on BAT...he will be scratching his head over this I think.
ok...so we have 2 auctions for LE's this month already.
a numbers matching creamsicle for around 20K and a non matching number bumblebee for 15K.
sda4property@gmail.com
1 year on the market . Sell this thing...Draggin us down with that low ball price..!
87m491
One man's "low ball" is anothers "market correct"! Car has sold twice for about that price in roughly 2 years. It has been advertised and mentioned in the biggest 914 and collector venues in the country for that time. The BAT auction is full of "short money", "great deal" comments yet no one else stepped up and $15,000 takes it. The seller is a stated "collector", probably knowledgeable and had it listed no reserve.

Not a low ball in my book, market correct.

QUOTE(sda4property@gmail.com @ May 23 2016, 07:25 PM) *

1 year on the market . Sell this thing...Draggin us down with that low ball price..!
mepstein
QUOTE(sda4property@gmail.com @ May 23 2016, 11:25 PM) *

If that's a "low ball price" buy it, flip it. And make some money.
87m491
Even better....

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 24 2016, 03:16 AM) *

QUOTE(sda4property@gmail.com @ May 23 2016, 11:25 PM) *

If that's a "low ball price" buy it, flip it. And make some money.

JeffBowlsby
To my eye, $15k was the right market value for this car, in its current condition. BaT buyers also pay a 5% buyers premium and likely shipping costs and taxes, so the total initial buy-in cost is about right. Car had some good qualities about it and if improved further to reduce its issues, will be a good investment for the buyer.
sixnotfour
photo, description,
I am surprised they didn't shoot it on a grassy knoll from 1000 yards.....

'71 914-6 #0372

That's Funny lol-2.gif
87m491
So, any differences between Creams or Bees? The BAT car looked pretty
Much comparable to the Cream on here and Ebay that went for 30% more.

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 24 2016, 04:05 PM) *

To my eye, $15k was the right market value for this car, in its current condition. BaT buyers also pay a 5% buyers premium and likely shipping costs and taxes, so the total initial buy-in cost is about right. Car had some good qualities about it and if improved further to reduce its issues, will be a good investment for the buyer.

sda4property@gmail.com
I have almost twice what's its advertised at... Into the restoration of my Bee.
If I was not Neck deep in my 930 project I would buy this car and sit on it.
15k is dirt cheep & I expect more deals to be had after the election year.

We have has a great run up for our brand and..
IF you got cash.. 2017 will be the year to start up buying again..!
I will be looking to buy a 914-6 project when the market stalls.
And more flipper fools are beggin to dump.

87m491
You bring up an interesting point. It is hard to judge comparisons so far apart. Didn't a restored bumble bee come out of John Forbes Black Forest Racing last year in the ~$24K level? (And maybe sit for a while as well?)

QUOTE(sda4property@gmail.com @ May 30 2016, 04:29 PM) *

I have almost twice what's its advertised at... Into the restoration of my Bee.
If I was not Neck deep in my 930 project I would buy this car and sit on it.
15k is dirt cheep & I expect more deals to be had after the election year.

We have has a great run up for our brand and..
IF you got cash.. 2017 will be the year to start up buying again..!
I will be looking to buy a 914-6 project when the market stalls.
And more flipper fools are beggin to dump.
thegoat
Back on eBay again, not long after the BaT auction. What is going on with this car?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-/16222...em=162222145603
87m491
Apparently nothing a good flip can't fix! "Well bought & well sold"...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162222145603

QUOTE(thegoat @ Sep 30 2016, 10:31 AM) *

Back on eBay again, not long after the BaT auction. What is going on with this car?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-/16222...em=162222145603

michael7810
One popped up on Phoenix Craigslist last week for 5K. Guy was selling it for his brother and said it had 65K miles and had extensive restoration (whatever that means). He said the car started and drove fine although it had been stored outside for the past 2 years. Only 1 small picture was provided and there was no yellow remaining on body or wheels. I think the side PORSCHE decal was white and the car was all black with silver wheels. The guy said his brother had it for 28 years and was the 2nd owner and that he had documentation it was an LE. The car sold to the first caller for what I assume was the 5K asking price. The add was taken down that day and I could not get the VIN or pictures.
Wayne
It's back again WTF.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Porsche-914-/...em=162258436043
87m491
HHhhhmm, last auction 3 bids of $20K or above and couldn't get a deal done on a car they paid $15K and change for?!. Maybe the market is softening...

QUOTE(Wayne @ Oct 28 2016, 09:26 AM) *

Ferg
Or maybe they were not real bids
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.