Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please tell me no one bought this 72
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
blink.gif Please tell me no one here bought this 72 for $1600 without looking at it first in person. This 72 was on craigslist here in town for $5900, the $2900.... I went and looked at it. the only thing keeping it from folding in half is the roof. Completely rusted out, the front trunk lid has holes the size of a kids fist through it. All this ebay seller did is clean the mouse crap out of it, remove brake pads so it would roll and spray gray paint on rusted body pane areas so it wouldn't look that bad.

I'm all for people making money, but if you bought this car without looking at in person first you will be very un-happy that you spent $1600 on a non optioned rusted out, locked up engine 72 914.

Link to ebay 72
billh1963
Wow....somebody is in for a rude awakening dry.gif
Chris Pincetich
I did not buy it! beerchug.gif
laugh.gif
rolleyes.gif
rhodyguy
Some disassembly and assembly required. The price spike has made even pos attractive and seemingly affordable. $20k later.... icon8.gif lol-2.gif
Mark Henry
That is totally photographed to not show the shit and looking for the unknowing sucker. dry.gif
I just hate people like this mad.gif

Sometimes I wish kneecapping was legal chair.gif
rhodyguy
due diligenze.
bandjoey
and the wrong side mirror. Hopefully it's for a parts car smile.gif
ConeDodger
Oh come on Garold, all it needs is a rust free roller, a driveline, an interior... Or as my Dad used to say when I'd bring home a lost cause, "you should jack up the oil cap and run a new car under it..." lol-2.gif
walterolin
"There is rust" and "roles well".
EdwardBlume
Yikes! With these cars, some things never change... (Rust)
whitetwinturbo
This was just TOO many words......

"I have left a very low reasonable price to purchase in hopes of one not to get financially harmed if one decides to part and recoup cost's"

Talk about feeling the guilt...man, this seller sleeps well at night?

barf.gif
Bagpype
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 13 2015, 12:17 PM) *

due diligenze.

agree.gif
Porschef
Yeah but look it comes with a nice carb and that special fuel pump... wacko.gif

I pity the sucker fool unfortunate buyer.

I mean if Garold didn't bring it home, forgetaboutit
Cairo94507
Caveat Emptor my friends. Seriously, this seller should have his eyes gouged out and then be dragged behind a Porsche for 30 miles if he sold that POS scrap metal for anything at all.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jul 13 2015, 05:28 PM) *

Yeah but look it comes with a nice carb and that special fuel pump... wacko.gif

I pity the sucker fool unfortunate buyer.

I mean if Garold didn't bring it home, forgetaboutit

agree.gif laugh.gif When I looked at it I offer $200 because of the radio and small stuff plus it was 3 miles from my house. Looks like he was right when he said he knows he could get way more than that for it. wacko.gif
Chris H.
Yeah I saw that one on Craigslist for $5900. Too funny. Figured you looked at it. That reminds me...I'm due for a tetanus shot... biggrin.gif .
914nola

agree.gif laugh.gif When I looked at it I offer $200 because of the radio and small stuff plus it was 3 miles from my house. Looks like he was right when he said he knows he could get way more than that for it. wacko.gif
[/quote]

How were the bumpers. I could really use some bumpers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.