914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
http://www.gandw.com/cars/74_914_donohue.html

Cool photos of a stock original 2L too.
Rusty
45 large for a 74 2.0??? ohmy.gif

I know prices are going up for good cars... but... screwy.gif
Mark Henry
Yep, that's large...but for racing history buff or a museum it's not that bad of a deal.

As a kid I saw Mark Donahue race at the Mosport Can-am, shortly before he died. His Porsche can-am car was a flat 12-twin turbo producing something like 1200hp ohmy.gif

He was something to watch...untouchable...he totally cleaned up.
type47
wow! i saw that car in person one time i was driving down "the valley" and G&W was in waynesboro. they had a nice collection including speedsters, spyders and 904s.
cdmcse
Its good to see even historical 45K 914s even have rust. Firewall below the pad, or is that just old glue?
anthony
They will never sell that car for $45K. The connection to Mark Donahue seems minimal. He probably sold it right after he won it.

The engine compartment, floor mats, and pedals also look like they have seen more than 6K miles.

mack914
glue wink.gif wink.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (anthony @ Feb 26 2005, 09:33 PM)
They will never sell that car for $45K.

agree.gif

o.k. - I've never heard about this guy before Jeff told me today

but they won't sell this car for this price, even if it was Ayrton Senna's car, IMHO
Mark Henry
Mark Donohues' 917-30...sorry "only" 1100hp

Hey I'd buy this one for 45K biggrin.gif
Gustl
you could get this one for less laugh.gif

user posted image

186736006 PORSCHE 917/30 TEAM PENSKE CAN AM SERIES CHAMPION 1973 DONOHUE, MARK L.E. 9999 PCS.

scale 1/18

seanery
If Mark Donahue's name is on the title for the car it could go for close to that price.
If not, it's a $20k tops. IMHO confused24.gif
Bleyseng
Atleast we can see how the hoses are supposed to be hooked up on a stock Djet car.

Geoff smile.gif
davep
Anyone know the VIN on this car?
Aaron Cox
why does a 74 have the early gauges?

why does it have a console with temp AND an in dash 914/6 style (or 73 2.0 w/o console) TEMP gauge????

this 2.0 has a console but no fogs? does it have sways? blink.gif

color me skeptical!
Aaron Cox
AFTERMARKET shift knob too dry.gif
Mark Henry
Doesn't mean too much...the dealer or PO might have done some of that stuff.

The engine is real clean (if you ignore the dust) and looks the part of a low mileage car.

BTW there's a quick disconnect on the battery cable as well.

If it was a clone they would be risking getting sued so I doubt it's a fake.
type47
with cole scroggins, i'm sure the car is authentic and everything is on the up&up
anthony
why does a 74 have the early gauges?

Maybe there were early 74s with 73 gauges?

why does it have a console with temp AND an in dash 914/6 style (or 73 2.0 w/o console) TEMP gauge????

That's a common mod. Those in-dash temperature gauges also came on 1.8s or '74 2L cars that didn't come with a center console. People usually replace the console temperature gauge with an oil pressure gauge. Still, you wouldn't expect to see these kinds of mods on a 6K mile museum piece.

JeffBowlsby
Maybe there were early 74s with 73 gauges?

Yep. My Aug 73 car (1974 model year) has many 1973 features:

Silver center dash gauges (dual turn signal lamps in tach!)
Metal engine lid letters
Metal rear tailbadges
Wide red area on oil temp gauge
Front trunk mounted fuel tank vapor canister
Dual port throttle body (but one has been soldered closed)

You know, they bolted on whatever was in the bin that day...

laugh.gif
Seagrave
From Laguna Seca, 1967, before Can-AM. Donahue in the Penske Lola T-70 at the USRRC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.