Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dino dont know
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Does anyone have the correct hub adaptor for my Dino steering wheel purchased for cheap a the Swap Meet this weekend for sale? If not, does anyone out there know the spec on the correct one to retain the horn function thru the center button?

Thanks
7TPorsh
I have an adapter to fit a 5 hole wheel to a 6 hole momo hub...?
Chris914n6
Uses the factory horn ring. Or were you asking for a 914 spec hub?
Mine's out of the car I could measure stuff.
7TPorsh
oh I see the Dino is a 6 hole wheel....carry on
forrestkhaag
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jul 13 2015, 04:48 PM) *

oh I see the Dino is a 6 hole wheel....carry on

Hey guys / I appreciate the input / my goal is to use the existing copper ring on the steering column if possible, remove the stock wheel and pack it away / install the new wheel with parts yet to be found / I.e., the horn wiring stuff and a bellows thingy to cover up the wheel to shaft hardware...if possible...

On my Dino wheel, the hole for the horn contact in the back plate does not match up or align with the copper ring on the stock column parts / so it may be some form of wiring to make the bridge to the horn button on the Dino wheel. I have a really cool Porsche crest to glue on the button over the Dino logo.... or I will sell the damned thing and move on....

Sidebar: I bought this at the swap meet for at Bruce's shop on Sunday so if it becomes a major task, the wheel will become another 12 gauge skeet flinger target - so far the largest "914 target" to be flung into range-air was an oil bath air cleaner filled with an injection of gas & starter fluid / boom.. not sure how to get starter fluid to stick to a steering wheel..... beerchug.gif
Mike Bellis
Buy a 924 concentric horn ring, bolt it to your adapter (3 holes) and install it on the car... Done!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.