Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 9146 I cant even think of buying 186K
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Heeltoe914
Not my car. Not even in my neighborhood!!
But a nice car. So whats the next level??

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ctd/5120963174.html
Mike Bellis
Why would anyone pay that much for a GT clone? confused24.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jul 13 2015, 10:34 PM) *

Why would anyone pay that much for a GT clone? confused24.gif

Nobody has. It's just the asking price.
jos.hall
What's interesting is that the dealer has 10 other Porsche's in the show room so you would think he has an understanding of the market.
wndsnd
Some dealers strive to set the market. ie Richard Sloan....
krazykonrad
Nice car, but you could get a real GT for not too much more.
Heeltoe914
Maybe someone can explain to me what the carpet underneath the tire does against the concrete?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Jul 13 2015, 08:20 PM) *

Maybe someone can explain to me what the carpet underneath the tire does against the concrete?

Keeps the paint stuck to the floor and not the tire.
Mueller
Maybe it is the angle of the shots....huge gaps for the front and rear lids....
campbellcj
Wow. If they get even half that asking price, it will make me feel a helluva lot better about what I've done to my car.
Cairo94507
Chris- Your car is just perfect. smilie_pokal.gif
thelogo
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Jul 13 2015, 07:06 PM) *

Not my car. Not even in my neighborhood!!
But a nice car. So whats the next level??

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ctd/5120963174.html

Less then 4k on the clock

Wow

And Thats the 1st time I've seen the spare in the rear trunk

But for 185 k

I'd go for a mig-21 w00t.gif or a super charged n s x - t beer3.gif piratenanner.gif

Or maybe 38 ft scarab and a slip in Avalon harbor

driving-girl.gif

EdwardBlume
Or a GT3?
MJHanna
They don't even talk about what the engine is.... WTF.gif Its a twin plugged? 2.5?

I'll have a GT 3 RS in the gargae before I spend that for a clone. happy11.gif aktion035.gif
URY914
Maybe "86,xxx" but never "186,xxx".
campbellcj
As much as I love 914s, for this sort of money and staying in the vintage realm, I would absolutely aim for a pedigreed factory race car of some sort. Outside of the vintage realm, a 997 GT3 Cup or 991 GT3RS. But to each his own.

Some of the deals happening out there are surprising even to the seller. A guy I know recently sold his 911 hotrod for north of $100K. This was not an original early car or even a replica of anything in particular, "just" a 911 that he significantly restored and upgraded per his whims. He thought it would bring $60-ish but the market said otherwise.
jfort
My car isn't too far off this and I don't think it is worth anywhere near what they are asking. I hope we can find out what it actually sells for.
halmil
I think this car recently sold at one of the Amelia Island auctions for $154k
gms
This car has the most NOS 914/6 GT parts installed after Armando's car.
gms
QUOTE(jfort @ Jul 15 2015, 09:10 AM) *

My car isn't too far off this and I don't think it is worth anywhere near what they are asking. I hope we can find out what it actually sells for.

I have seen your car and (with all due respect) it is not even close
sixnotfour
Real Factory GT parts makes it a Kit GT...no race history.. Very big deal back in the day, Only if he had a dealer touch it then it could be a dealer built GT....

I have a 80% factory Kit GT 914....and yes sometimes I wish I had bought a Cayman...
I did just score a NOS GT fuel gauge though... beerchug.gif
gms
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 21 2015, 11:54 AM) *

Real Factory GT parts makes it a Kit GT...no race history.. Very big deal back in the day, Only if he had a dealer touch it then it could be a dealer built GT....

I have a 80% factory Kit GT 914....and yes sometimes I wish I had bought a Cayman...
I did just score a NOS GT fuel gauge though... beerchug.gif

It has "Hines" ownership history which makes it special!
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.