Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motor refresh (911)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
It was time to do a refresh on the 2.7 in the Carrera. Nice to have the help and good company of Brant, Gint, Sharon and Hines for the motor drop.

beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
Nice! What are you going to do to refresh it?
Ferg
Hines is in charge. aktion035.gif
JmuRiz
If you want to keep the CIS and want to do something as simple as a cam upgrade let me know and I'll sell you mine. I have an SC grind 3-bearing cam for a 2.7CIS engine...supposedly a nice upgrade.

I'm changing mine to carbs, but would like SC grind cam to go to a good home.
Ferg
Thanks for the offer, but staying stock stock stock on this one, it's a numbers matching 75 Carrera.
Elliot Cannon
They were all there to help? Where they any help? laugh.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 14 2015, 06:38 AM) *

They were all there to help? Where they any help? laugh.gif

Sharon supervised, I took pictures laugh.gif

I had it mostly ready to drop, just fuel line, and electrical, oh and the speedo cable I forgot to undo huh.gif

EdwardBlume
Who's the guy in flip flops? That's confidence!
Ferg
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 14 2015, 06:07 AM) *

It's getting torn all the way down... Runs and drives fine now, I suspect I have a valve seat issue on #2, leak down is fine on the all the rest at 4 percent, but #2 is about 8 percent and have a tapping I cannot adjust out. Compression is even at 128 at my altitude of 5500. Uses about one quart per 1k. I have smoke on downshift.

Motor has been done once long ago, but no records, so time to go all in.

Ferg
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 14 2015, 06:45 AM) *

Who's the guy in flip flops? That's confidence!

Hines and myself were in our OSHA approved footwear biggrin.gif
brant
I think my role was really just standing around
billh1963
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jul 14 2015, 10:51 AM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 14 2015, 06:07 AM) *

It's getting torn all the way down... Runs and drives fine now, I suspect I have a valve seat issue on #2, leak down is fine on the all the rest at 4 percent, but #2 is about 8 percent and have a tapping I cannot adjust out. Compression is even at 128 at my altitude of 5500. Uses about one quart per 1k. I have smoke on downshift.

Motor has been done once long ago, but no records, so time to go all in.

Mine had a little smoke on startup, decent compression and leakdown numbers, etc. But, it also had a tapping coming from the left side that got louder as the engine warmed up. Oil pressure dropped as the car warmed up as well. My 2.7 is now undergoing a rebuild...previous rebuilder (before I bought the car) did not thoroughly clean the case so now the oil pump is shot and a couple galleries were partially blocked. Fortunately, the crank and cams are not damaged. I will be getting new pistons and relined cylinders (along with reworked heads and such). My case had already been time-serted. Make sure your block is clean after they are through with machining! chair.gif
SLITS
That image of Hines is just SPOOKY!
sixnotfour
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 14 2015, 09:05 AM) *

That image of Hines is just SPOOKY!

Well Ron, I thought I had lost my Nacho Again, butt he showed up the opposite direction we were looking....I thought I was A Dead Man......Suzie had Warned Me And I forgot , A Porsche Got in the way of Dog watching....So I was pretty relieved the little FR showed back up... beerchug.gif Brant was instrumental in calling NACHO...and Making sure Gint was Clear....
gms
Jeff you need to keep heading east...another 1000 mi
sixnotfour
QUOTE(gms @ Jul 16 2015, 02:24 PM) *

Jeff you need to keep heading east...another 1000 mi

your correct..I have family in MN. also..
rhodyguy
Here comes the HP! Jeff's choise of work boots always cracks me up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.