Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is my wife crazy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Flat VW
driving-girl.gif My wife was driving around Phoenix yesterday and said she had seen a Porsche motor home, (self-contained) motoring down the road.

She describes it as "raw aluminum and kinda roundy, like an Air Stream". bs.gif

Is she "seeing stuff again"? screwy.gif

John
Dr Evil
It sounds like a Mercedes motor home, not a Porsche. You might want to clarify with her. I have seen the Mercedes one, but not a Porsche. If it were true, that would be awsome.
Rand
My wife sometimes accuses me of living in my car. biggrin.gif

Maybe somebody put Porsche logos on it?
Elliot_Cannon
BMW makes a motor home also. A really nice motor home.
cheers, Elliot
jd74914
Maybe somebody put Porsche logos on it?

Probably. Kinda like the ferrari emblems people put on fiats in italy.
Flat VW
She says it was "badged" front and rear with P-o-r-s-c-h-e letters.

She said she had thought that perhaps someone had added the "badges" but she felt it looked "organic" to her. crest.gif

Another mystery. zorro.gif

I have a book called "Porsche Specials" (quite "complete", I believe) but I do not recall any mention of "motorhomes". cool_shades.gif
Jeroen
She prolly saw a Cayenne laugh.gif
retrotech
I was contacted by a guy several years ago, that had one. It needed complete restoration. He sent me pictures, it was very real looking. If the factory didn't build it, and I doubt they did. They were envolved on some level, because it was professional, cool, and Porsche.
If it looked very old, that may have been it.

Retro
Flat VW
That is about how she (my wife Laurie) described it Retrotech. She said it was "vintage looking, early 60's". smilie_pokal.gif
retrotech
That has got to be it! I remember he was in NM, or AZ. I guess it was AZ. She is not crazy.
Flat VW
Any idea about the "powerplant", Retrotech? pray.gif
davep
Now you have a mission to contact the RV dealers in the area and track this vehicle down. Pictures, we need pictures!
Flat VW
Yes , I think so. It is time to buy Laurie one of those "throw away" digital cameras for important moments like that one. w00t.gif
retrotech
I am in Baja, until April, but I will search out photos, when I return.
It was a 356 1600, Super, I believe.
It looked like it should be in a museum, but was really tired, needed everything!
I was alway hoping I could trade him out of it, someday.

Retro
MarkG
I saw a pickup truck in Colorado Springs years ago that was also badged 'Porsche' to the extent that the tailgate had stamped into the metal P O R S C H E letters across it, hood emblem, Porsche steering wheel etc.

Didn't have time to check it out, but it was more than just someone adding some emblems to a pickup.......if it wasn't factory, it was a very expensive after-market project.

I had a spare 'prancing Stallion' from my 308 I added to the back of my Hyundai, but I don't think it fools anyone.
Allan
Maybe it was a Porsche influenced RV. Like how Eddie Bauer or Harley Davidson does the Ford stuff.
Eric_Shea
Miles has pictures of it... huh.gif
Flat VW
Cough um up Miles, barf.gif , pretty please?
Eric_Shea
So... the wife's "NOT" crazy
Flat VW
smilie_pokal.gif Yes Eric, she thanks you for pointing that out for everyone to see. smilie_pokal.gif

Since Laurie has now been "redeemed", here is a photo of her in our 72' car, taken after the Targa-Aid event here in Arizona last Sunday:

user posted image
SGB
calender, calender..... smilie_pokal.gif beer.gif clap.gif
Flat VW
Please note,

The 914world.com hat, as soon as she saw it her "color", I then knew it would never be on my "melon". idea.gif

John
Flat VW
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Mar 4 2005, 07:51 AM)
Please note,

The 914world.com hat, as soon as she saw it (was) her "color", I then knew it would never be on my "melon". idea.gif  

John

icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.