Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted one 914 1.7 High compression piston
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914sgofast2
Hello everyone
I have a 1970 Porsche 914 that was up to two weeks ago my daily driver until my number 3 exhaust valve lost it's head and ruined one of my High compression pistons. barf.gif
Now I got very lucky and all 4 of my cylinders are just fine and 3 of my german high compression pistons are fine. pray.gif However I am 20 years old and because of that it will take me a while to save up the money necessary to buy a whole new set of pistons and cylinders along with all the other parts I need to rebuild my engine. So here is the deal. I am looking to buy one used high compression piston for my car, the piston does not need to be perfect however it needs to have lots of life left and not leave me stranded on the road.
here is the list of criteria for exactly what I need.
1. a 1.7 piston
2. High compression
3. not completely worn out.

my car is a 1970 model car the engine will be a mild 1.7 liter four cylinder that I will be daily driving. I had a lot of oiling problems with my original 1970 crank case and that case is worn out anyway stromberg.gif . So I will be using a 1972 crank case that is in much better shape. The only modifications I will be making are the high compression pistons and a monza exhaust.
so once again I am looking for a single high compression 1.7 liter 914 piston that will give me lots of miles driving.gif.
any way thanks everyone.
if you have a piston like the one I am looking for please send me an email at redalfadave@gmail.com and we will figure out a payment for the piston.
thanks very much everyone
David
914sgofast2
hello again here is a picture of what my pistons look like
they are just standard high compression pistons the inscription on them reads 89 , 96Click to view attachment
stugray
I am almost positive I have a set.

If you dont hear back from me later today, shoot me a PM and remind me to look.
I just started digging into my stash last night looking for something and I believe I know where they are.
914sgofast2

thanks very much
QUOTE(stugray @ Jul 14 2015, 02:10 PM) *

I am almost positive I have a set.

If you dont hear back from me later today, shoot me a PM and remind me to look.
I just started digging into my stash last night looking for something and I believe I know where they are.

stugray
I have this set:

IPB Image

They measure 89.5 mm across the tops
914sgofast2
they look brand new and fantastic
How much do you want for them, are you willing to sell just one of them ?
stugray
I would prefer to keep them together.
I cannot use them so I'll give you all four for $50 plus shipping.

If interested, PM me your shipping information
TheCabinetmaker
I have used singles if you decide not to buy the set from Stu. That's a good price for a new set.

Edit: those are the raised tops. I don't think I have any. Sorry. Buy Stu's!
914sgofast2
Hello Stu I am very interested in buying those pistons
my address is 1041 Morning glory Ct El Dorado Hills CA 95762 email redalfadave @gmail.com
stugray
and the name on the shipping label?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.