Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 8th Annual PicNic and Pool party
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
plas76targa
It's time for another Barbecue and Pool party. Our 8th consecutive year! Saturday August 15th - 2:00 pm to ?? Frederick, MD. This is a family event! Bring the kids and/or your significant other. Checkout our Hot Tub!

If you travel from afar and would rather not make the long return trip in the same day we have enough lawn for camping, and there are hotels nearby too.

So come on all you 914-ers in Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and West Virginia (and further?)! Newbies welcome! Over the years we've weathered heat waves, cool fall temps and even one hurricane (one 914 did show up). Last year the weather was great, let's hope for more dry weather and sunshine this year.

Address is 7188 Meadowbrooke Drive, Frederick, MD. PM me for directions. I'll add a diagram here if i can figure out how to add pics'.

Note to those who will use rt15 North through Frederick, the left hand exit at Willow road is no longer available.
I recommend taking exit #16 for Opposumtown Pike/Motter Avenue exit, Turn Right onto Opposumtown pike. Head North for about 2.2 miles - caution traffic speed cameras less than .3 miles past Weis Markets. Turn left after Lady Catherine Drexel catholic church and school(on left). This is the first and only, four way stop you will come to, plus with the left turn Opossumtown Pike continues on this stretch of road.
Continue about 0.4 mile and turn left into Meadowbrooke community. Bear to the right and we are 6th house on the right. Long yellow home with white picket fence between house and garage. 914s park on left of driveway, all others park on the right side of drive way.
Food&Drink:
we'll provide the pulled pork, baked beans, plates & utensils, cups & napkins, tea & Lemonaide. would you all sign up for any of the following or side dish, salad, or desert?
Suggestions to sign up for:
- Kaiser rolls or other sandwich rolls -
- Greens or tossed salad -
- Pasta Salad
- Fruit bowl or platter -
- Soft drinks
- desert: cake, brownies or ice cream:
- your own favorite offering

I look forward to seeing you all on the 15th!

The "Yes" attendees are: Saigon71, Mepstein, Dr Evil and the Mrs and mini-E, Zymurgist, Vacca Rabite and family (4), and Crash914 (but late arrival).
Those who might make it: FlipB and son, newbee Annapolis914, and rmdinmd.
If you're on the fence speak up now so we can make a fair estimate of how much food to order.
plas76targa
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Jul 14 2015, 02:11 PM) *

It's time for another Barbecue and Pool party. Our 8th consecutive year! Saturday August 15th - 2:00 pm to ?? Frederick, MD. This is a family event! Bring the kids and/or your significant other. Checkout our Hot Tub!

If you travel from afar and would rather not make the long return trip in the same day we have enough lawn for camping, and there are hotels nearby too.

So come on all you 914-ers in Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and West Virginia (and further?)! Newbies welcome! Over the years we've weathered heat waves, cool fall temps and even one hurricane (one 914 did show up). Last year the weather was great, let's hope for more dry weather and sunshine this year.

Address is 7188 Meadowbrooke Drive, Frederick, MD. PM me for directions. I'll add a diagram here if i can figure out how to add pics'.

Note to those who will use rt15 North through Frederick, the left hand exit at Willow road is no longer available.
I recommend taking exit #16 for Opposumtown Pike/Motter Avenue exit, Turn Right onto Opposumtown pike. Head North for about 2.2 miles - caution traffic speed cameras less than .3 miles past Weis Markets. Turn left after Lady Catherine Drexel catholic church and school(on left). This is the first and only, four way stop you will come to, plus with the left turn Opossumtown Pike continues on this stretch of road.
Continue about 0.4 mile and turn left into Meadowbrooke community. Bear to the right and we are 6th house on the right. Long yellow home with white picket fence between house and garage. 914s park on left of driveway, all others park on the right side of drive way.
Food&Drink:
we'll provide the pulled pork, baked beans, plates & utensils, cups & napkins, tea & Lemonaide. would you all sign up for any of the following or side dish, salad, or desert?
Suggestions to sign up for:
- Kaiser rolls or other sandwich rolls -
- Greens or tossed salad -
- Pasta Salad
- Fruit bowl or platter -
- Soft drinks
- desert: cake, brownies or ice cream:
- your own favorite offering

I look forward to seeing you all on the 15th!

icon_bump.gif Wow, this was seven pages down, overdue for a icon_bump.gif
Three weeks to go. I hope you can make it!
JmuRiz
Be sure to 'shock' the hot tub with bleach after the party biggrin.gif

I'll see if we can make it...not sure with the little one.
saigon71
I'll be there Matt. Put me down for soft drinks.

mepstein
I missed your first post. I'll bring some desert. Thanks! Mark
saigon71
I missed the first post too! Glad to see this on the front page...always a great time! beerchug.gif
BeatNavy
Hi Matt - Thanks for hosting again. As luck would have it I'm probably out of town that weekend - again dry.gif . I'll miss seeing everyone. If my schedule changes, I'll let you know.
Dr Evil
I will, of course, look into making it. I have already been out of town most weekends for the last 4 and out again this weekend and next. Depends on the wife and kid.
okieflyr
Thanks Matt, we will not be able to attend that weekend due to a camping weekend. hissyfit.gif
I wish you great weather and good times beerchug.gif
flipb
Missed last year but would love to get up there this year. If I do, it'll probably be with my son (now 8) in tow, once again...
Annapolis914
A newbie from MD and might drive up if you don't mind. Might not bring the 74 2.0, still getting some kinks out of the vehicle but possible. Love to get to know other owners in the region. Likely a last minute decision but glad to bring whatever is left and needed. Thank you for hosting.
rmdinmd
hope to make it again this year. hope to fly back in from texas that weekend.
Steve
We used to have nice barbecue's and then Joe moved to the left coast. Lol
BillC
I'd love to come, but I have relatives coming into town that weekend. headbang.gif

Any chance you could move it to the following weekend? blink.gif
smdubovsky
Scott just gave me a heads up non this. Sorry can't make it this year as I'll be out of town:( Have fun guys!
saigon71
icon_bump.gif
saigon71
icon_bump.gif

Less than 2 weeks!
Dr Evil
Looks like I can attend. I just shifted my schedule around to get Fri off so I can make the 6hr drive on Fri and wake-n-bake on Sat biggrin.gif (not smoking weed, just soaking up sun).
zymurgist
Missed the last 2 years due to concerts, but I'll be there this time. smile.gif
Dr Evil
Well, in that case I will pass....... tongue.gif

Just kidding
plas76targa
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 3 2015, 08:35 AM) *

Well, in that case I will pass....... tongue.gif

Just kidding

De ja vu? similar comments in last years thread. I owe the brew mister $$ so he'd better show up. Now all we need is Scotty to flip and attend.

Dr Evil
Scotty is a punk-ass-bitch. Go git'm Shaky!
plas76targa
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 3 2015, 07:03 PM) *

Scotty is a punk-ass-bitch. Go git'm Shaky!

agree.gif but that may make Sir Scotty mad.gif
So to persuade Scott to attend I won't be an KMA.gif i'll just remind him that I'll have plenty of Yeunling Black & Tan to beer3.gif
Re-arrange that schedule Scotty and 'go to Frederick' (voice from Field of Dreams)
mepstein
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 3 2015, 10:01 AM) *

Looks like I can attend. I just shifted my schedule around to get Fri off so I can make the 6hr drive on Fri and wake-n-bake on Sat biggrin.gif (not smoking weed, just soaking up sun).

Oh goody
JmuRiz
Is Scotty busy building cars or something?
I wouldn't know what that's like, mine's been sitting untouched since I got it back from him sad.gif
VaccaRabite
Theo and I will be there. Maybe Erin and Josh too.

Zach
crash914
I need scooter to bring up an engine for me...or I might have to take a collection run...
saigon71
icon_bump.gif
JmuRiz
If Scotty comes (and the weather cooperates) I'll drive the 356 and my bro will bring the 930 (if he doesn't have hockey)

I know, I still haven't put the 914 back together, but the other car is a decent 2nd choice
scotty b
I've had a lot more than usual going on lately, and have the opportunity to go see and probably meet one of my favorite bands that weekend.....but you homers can't seem to have a good time without me so I guess I'll pass on most definite fame, fortune, and stardumb by being the 2nd drummer for Clutch rolleyes.gif

Plus Drevil and Sach need me there so their feelings for each other don't get to awkward. unsure.gif
plas76targa
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 6 2015, 08:49 AM) *

I've had a lot more than usual going on lately, and have the opportunity to go see and probably meet one of my favorite bands that weekend.....but you homers can't seem to have a good time without me so I guess I'll pass on most definite fame, fortune, and stardumb by being the 2nd drummer for Clutch rolleyes.gif

Bring the band with you!

Plus Drevil and Sach need me there so their feelings for each other don't get to awkward. unsure.gif

zymurgist
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Aug 6 2015, 12:54 PM) *

Bring the band with you!

The neighbors will love it!
JmuRiz
Well....they are from Fredneck...

but if you already have tickets, just go to the show and enjoy. You could always drive up after the show, that would make for a long day though.
crash914
When is the band jam? Friday night or sat? Teddy is working on sat but has a great library of rock and metal tunes...and a new les paul and orange amp...
saigon71
icon_bump.gif

Less than a week!
Dr Evil
Confirmed that Noel and Max are coming. Now, to caravan so I can take the 914, or car pool? Hmmmm.

Sorry, Sach.
JmuRiz
I know it's too early to accurately predict weather in this area, but it looks like a nice week and weekend. Hopefully it keeps up and I have time to start/tune the 356 for the trip. (home projects are taking up all my weekends)
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Thing 1 @ Aug 6 2015, 11:49 AM) *

God
QUOTE(Thing 2 @ Aug 6 2015, 11:49 AM) *
Confirmed that Noel and Max are coming. Now, to caravan so I can take the 914, or car pool? Hmmmm.
Sorry, Sach.

Dammit!

Also, at current time Erin and both boys will be coming. :-)

Zach
JmuRiz
What's the latest on the sides?
Just wondering what we should bring...or just go with my standard of beer
plas76targa
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Aug 12 2015, 08:05 AM) *

What's the latest on the sides?
Just wondering what we should bring...or just go with my standard of beer

Bring a veggie side dish, or desert of some flavor. I need to make a head count of those stating they will be here.
Weathers gonna be good so bring the 356 and the 930!!

icon_bump.gif
JmuRiz
OK, we'll bring some beer and one of the above.

I am charging up the 356 battery and the 930 has an AAR issue, but we should still make it.

N
scotty b
It's looking like I'm not going to make it. I've been fighting some sort of a respiratory infection since last Thursday and had thought it would be done and gone by now, but it isn't. dry.gif IF the universe shines down on me tonight and I get up tomorrow feeling like I am safe to be around I may head up tomorrow evening, but right now I'd say I'm out sad.gif
crash914
I might....it would be later on Saturday..most likely after food..is the drunk fest friday or sat? Teddy wants to jam.
VaccaRabite
Everything happens Saturday after 2Pm.

Zach
plas76targa
I'm counting the "yes" replies so we can estimate how much ribs and schtuff to order.

See first page for details but we're small in number this year. Ten adults and four youngun's. and four maybe's.
JmuRiz
I plan on being there with my brother.

A friend may also pop-in with his son (they live in Frederick) but probably won't stay too long.

I also invited Scott Gregory, but with such short notice I'm not sure if he'll be able to join
mepstein
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Aug 14 2015, 12:36 PM) *

I'm counting the "yes" replies so we can estimate how much ribs and schtuff to order.

See first page for details but we're small in number this year. Ten adults and four youngun's. and four maybe's.

If this is final role call then please cross off my name. Can't get 914 to run. sad.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 14 2015, 10:39 AM) *

If this is final role call then please cross off my name. Can't get 914 to run. sad.gif

Doesn't matter, I haven't brought mine in probably MANY years biggrin.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Aug 14 2015, 03:13 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 14 2015, 10:39 AM) *

Doesn't matter, I haven't brought mine in probably MANY years biggrin.gif

Scratch that. I'm coming. My wife wants me out of the house and doesn't care what car I take.
flipb
Afraid I'm out. We have house guests and I was hopeful I could sneak away, but doesn't seem like it's going to work.

Y'all have fun now.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.