Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Next G & R Swap meet - need feedback
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
Seems like the first swap meet went well for all who attended. I am looking to plan the next one and hope it will be even better. I am looking at mid September, maybe the 13th or 20th. Or could push it out into Oct.

I am also considering expanding it a Porsche air cooled swap meet. Yes Ron, ass dragger parts doners would be welcome. We had a few sellers that I know mainly deal in other Porsche that showed up to the last one. And many 914 owners have other Porsches too.

Seems like people are always asking when the next swap meet will be.

In the past it has been 2 times a year. What are your thoughts about having it 3 or 4 times a year ?

This time I would like to get a sign up list of sellers that intend to come. No commitment just trying to gauge interest.

You comments please.
Bruce

oldschool
I may even come with a small on the spot screen printing set-up and a bunch of new cool 914/911 designs piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Larmo63
Bruce did a great job on the swap meet last Sunday - Bravo!!!

I don't see how having the 911 guys would be a bad thing. (do they know we are cheap?)
bdstone914
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jul 15 2015, 09:08 PM) *

I may even come with a small on the spot screen printing set-up and a bunch of new cool 914/911 designs piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Sound great. I have seen a guy at the San Bernardino swap meet that does them on site. Get to chose you size, color, shirt style and design.

Would have been great if SOMEONE had showed up with Tee shirts. hint hint D-lo.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 15 2015, 09:15 PM) *

Bruce did a great job on the swap meet last Sunday - Bravo!!!

I don't see how having the 911 guys would be a bad thing. (do they know we are cheap?)

They can be just as cheap. Trust me on that one.
oldschool
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 15 2015, 09:17 PM) *

Sound great. I have seen a guy at the San Bernardino swap meet that does them on site. Get to chose you size, color, shirt style and design.

My Bad...I had a full box of fresh T-shirts in my 914.... blink.gif But all I wanted to do is walk and talk to people.. poke.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jul 15 2015, 09:19 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 15 2015, 09:17 PM) *

My Bad...I had a full box of fresh T-shirts in my 914.... blink.gif But all I wanted to do is walk and talk to people.. poke.gif

Next time you can put them in my office and we can sell them from there.
Blue6
Turn Bruce's grandson loose with those t-shirts. He'll sell them all. What a nice, polite, young kid.
Heeltoe914
I say September is To soon push it to October... Just my humble opinion.... Gives people time to put their parts together!! Also gives time to promote.. Lots of summer events including concourse, Car shows, PCA event through September...Also HOT
bdstone914
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Jul 15 2015, 09:54 PM) *

Turn Bruce's grandson loose with those t-shirts. He'll sell them all. What a nice, polite, young kid.

He would love that. Could put them in wagon and pull it around to all the sellers. It was,his idea to give away the 914 Hot Wheels because it would make people happy.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Jul 15 2015, 11:14 PM) *

I say it's too September is To soon push it to October... just my humble opinion.... gives people time to put their parts together also gives tike to promote.. Lots of summer events including concours, Car shows, PCA event through September...

I have not checked all of the calenders. Oct would be better for slightly cooler weather. September can have 100 degree days. Ther is a Pomona swap meet on the 18th of Oct.
SLITS
Don't care about Pomona ... it turned into a rusty VW Type 1 & 2 swap meet. Nothing there for us (in my opinion).
76-914
Sept = HOT
911= gayfight.gif
Montreal914
I wouldn't go with September, too early and there is also Rennsport.

Many members also need to spend time with they families... biggrin.gif .

I would say give it ~6 months for people to work on their projects and need/collect parts.

Thank you for organizing beerchug.gif
jacquot
October sounds better, 911's sound good too!
oldschool
Yup Rocktober would be around a good time. So lets start to come up with the new shirt design everone smilie_pokal.gif
Tom_T
Hi Bruce,

I don't know if there's enough calendar space for 3-4 around things like the big March Porsche Lit Meet/LA & Swap/Anaheim & all sorts of other PCA, etc. events.

Here's the link to the PCA Zone 8 Calendar so you can see when the various AX, Track, Rally & Concours events to try to miss scheduling over them....

http://www.zone8.org/calendar.php

While some of you may poo-poo the Concours, we do have members on here showing their 914s, & Andy T. is campaigning his 70 914-6/GT to win Zone 8 overall for the year - which no 914 has done for more than a decade!

So he has to go to them to maximize his points, & I think we should all be supporting him. I also understand that you Bruce contributed to his resto with many parts, so hope to see you out at one boosting the effort too!

Also, many other members AX & track their cars, so missing those will help them out too.

Cheers & Thanx Again for picking up the ball & running with it! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914_teener
Sorry guys....didnt make it. Last minute grandchild visit.

I.d vote for October as well....Rennsport is in late September.
Elliot Cannon
Twice a year seems good to me. Red Rocks is in Sept. Hasn't it always been April and October? biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 16 2015, 12:45 PM) *

Twice a year seems good to me. Red Rocks is in Sept. Hasn't it always been April and October? biggrin.gif

The G&R yes. The newly formed BS is up to the organizer.

It was actually scheduled around the time change, but Obummer changed that.
bdstone914
Ik. October it will be. Will check the PCA calender. I agree that Pomona is not much anymore. It is usually a waste of money for me to go there.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 16 2015, 12:47 PM) *

When I said "it" has always been in April and October I meant the G&R. I also think the new swap meet should still be refered to as the G&R. cheer.gif Or the "used to be G&R. Or the "former G&R".
bdstone914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 16 2015, 05:55 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 16 2015, 12:47 PM) *

When I said "it" has always been in April and October I meant the G&R. I also think the new swap meet should still be refered to as the G&R. cheer.gif Or the "used to be G&R. Or the "former G&R".

I am fine with continuing to use the G & R name. If it were dropped some people would think of it as a different swap meet and may not attend. So Oct 19 seems to be a possibility.
mr914
Bruce's G&R Captn Krusty Memorial swap meet

biggrin.gif

Wish I was close enough to attend
914_teener
QUOTE(mr914 @ Jul 16 2015, 08:31 PM) *

biggrin.gif

I always liked the advice....notice the spelling..... and honest verbal afront of the G&R.

Keep the name.
bdstone914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jul 16 2015, 09:20 PM) *

QUOTE(mr914 @ Jul 16 2015, 08:31 PM) *

biggrin.gif

I always liked the advice....notice the spelling..... and honest verbal afront of the G&R.

Keep the name.

OK, It looks like Oct 11, 2015 is a good date. No concour events that date. No other semi local PCA events. Will start a new thread with announced date. Speak up if anyone knows of a conflict on that date.
Bruce
oldschool
Wait...I'm cleaning my hair brush that day. av-943.gif
76-914
Great job Bruce. That took a lot of effort to put on and I thank you. Only wish I could have lingered but still felt fortunate to have made it in the first place. Your fast talking 3ft tall salesman sold me a Matchbox 914. lol-2.gif Grandkids are special aren't they? Keep the name. In the future nubee's shall announce themselves by asking, "What's G&R stand for"? Looking forward to the Fall event. beerchug.gif Kent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.