Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
Have driven my car just a few miles since I got the 2L in and on my longest and last drive the brakes seemed pretty spongey.

I knew I had some more bleeding to do after installing the rebuilt ones I got from Eric Shea. It was also pulling to the drivers side a bit.

When I tried to bleed the rear passenger caliper I got nothing. Pulled the line out and nothing out of there either. There is fluid in the caliper that I can see when I removed the fitting.

Loosened the fitting at the Porportioning Valve that goes to that caliper and got plenty of fluid coming out there. Could it be possible that something is clogging the line?

What else to check.

Rear drivers side bleeds fine.
Type 4
Did you remove the rubber line? They can swell shut.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Type 4 @ Feb 26 2005, 03:51 PM)
Did you remove the rubber line? They can swell shut.

Agreed. I see it often on older cars. Might as well change all those original hoses. Plan on an adventure, and soak all the fittings with your favorite REAL penetrating oil for a few days before attempting the repair. OE style hoses aren't too expensive and will last for 10-20 years. Replacing the rear ones is usually a PITA. Good luck! The Cap'n
jwalters
wink.gif The inside of the rubber lines, new or old, can come apart from the inside and actually completely block fuid passage. I say this because I have seen this happen new and old alike.
Rhodes71/914
Lovely, isn't that just typical, fix one thing and something else breaks.

Supposed to snow on Monday anyway.

I'll check it out tonight and let you know what I find out.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.