Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerator cable not going through firewall
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ben and Ralph
Anybody have any trouble getting an accelerator cable through the hole at the fire wall? The new terry cable I purchased does not want to pass through. Thought I might have to screw it through, it went in half way and ended up stripping. Any ideas? I miss driving my car sad.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(Ben and Ralph @ Jul 16 2015, 08:46 AM) *

Anybody have any trouble getting an accelerator cable through the hole at the fire wall? The new terry cable I purchased does not want to pass through. Thought I might have to screw it through, it went in half way and ended up stripping. Any ideas? I miss driving my car sad.gif

I am sorry.....you may be fffffd if the liner is stuffed in there.

Need pictures.

Search the threads here on this issue.

Ben and Ralph
uggh, doesn't sound promising.
76-914

What do you mean it stripped? You think there may be some of the old sheathing still in the tube? Can you pull it back?
Ben and Ralph
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 16 2015, 04:33 PM) *

What do you mean it stripped? You think there may be some of the old sheathing still in the tube? Can you pull it back?

The actual end of the cable where you screw on the peice that snaps on to the pedal stripped out. I thought I could screw it through the tube at the firewall. Didn't work and it stripped the end of the terry cable
76-914
Chase the threads with a thread chaser or run it thru a die. HF has cheap Tap & Die sets which are good enough to chase the damaged threads.
stugray
I have a hard time understanding how you can twist the end hard enough from the opposite end of the cable to strip the threads....

Were you the one that pulled the old cable out?
Did it come out towards the front with the end of the cable still on?
Or did the cable break and part of it got pulled out from the rear?
If that is the case, then there is likely part of the sheath still in the tube.

Try pushing something from the rear towards the front about the same size as the end of the cable. Something that wont break in the tube and make things worse.

Like a fiberglass rod from a tent shade (rain fly?) or something similar.
Ben and Ralph
Yeah the cable snapped while I was driving and left me stranded. Must be the sheath that's still there. Part of the cable came out through the fire wall the other I pulled out from the floor boards
ripper911
Is the tube that sticks out of the firewall bent? It happened to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.