Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Autocross class for my car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlee1967
I've decided to get back to a few track events with my 914 and wonder if anyone else with a V8 914 has been running PCA events? First Autocross is mid March with a DE in April.

A few specs: 305 Chevy V8, 901 with altered gears and Quaife, Bus axles, full cage with Petty bar, 930 front brakes, 23mm master and DOT stainless lines, 914-6 rear brakes, 200 lb rear springs, front stock sway bar, Corbeau Forza front seats and matching 5 point harnesses, 16x6 fuchs with steel lug nuts and DOT race tires. Car is still inspected, insured and regularly driven on the street. Bodywork is not altered apart from front air dam and stock appearing front a rear fiberglass bumpers.

PCA guys, what do you think? David Lee in Houston, TX
skline
I dont know about your local chapter, but the one up here wont let me compete with my SBC equipt 914. Tht is why I wanted another one that was all stock. Now I have the best of both worlds. Some chapters will let you run it but not for points.
J P Stein
It depends on your region and if you're a member of the PCA.
Could be anything from not letting you run at all, to Time Only, to the top modified class. You would have been in our Over 4.5L class, but we've reorganized our class structure. Were it a Porsche V8 you'd be in M6.....also in deep caca laugh.gif
boxstr
JP So I will be in M6, running against ??
CCLINPCAMEMBER
drgchapman
Ya know......kinda like it down here in 2.0 land. Yous guys got somethings to do......

Craig, can't wait to see your 8 run.

JP, you'll smoke 'em. That yellow looks FAST. Still got that 901 with those new tiars? 915?
Triaddave
you would run the modified class with the pnwr/pca
Hi_Fi_Guy
There was a big announcement earlier in 2004 that non Porsche engined cars would no longer be allowed to compete in any PCA auto-x or DE events. I am sure this is not strcictly enforced in all regions or at all events but it is the rule as far as I am aware of.

I guess if you put a V-8 out of a 928 they would have to let you run.
J P Stein
We (ORPCA) are going to continue our policy of allowing any licensed driver with 25 bucks to run.....with a few hoops to jump thru for under 18 yearolds. Non-Porsches will be TO, however.

Our DEs are (as far as I know) still open to all......or we would have trouble with the Beemer & Alfa clubs. Club races & the Parade AX are Porsche only.

Craig:
As AX Chair, in my official judgment is .....I don't have a clue blink.gif ....but I'll find out.
dlee1967
The feedback that I've received from the local PCA is that DEs are no problem, we let any car that passes the safety inspection run (Ferrari, Mini, Lotus, etc). The autocrosses are run jointly with the BMWCCA and there are classes for BMWs, Porsches and then there are the "others". It looks like I would run in the fastest "prepared" catagory for autocross cars. (not the same as SCCA prepared) A local 914 owner with a Mazda rotary transplant and significantly lightened shell runs that X4 class, so I shouldn't be sent home. Thanks for the responses...DLee
sean_v8_914
in San Diego region, my V8 car runs in X class. this is dependent upon participation level and only with advanced notice. if participation is high, I get bumped out over the P engined cars. I am allowed in DE and TT. X class is teh hard core purpose built cars. check your local chapter's rule book
xsboost90
im a safety tech for pca/ovr, and im pretty sure you would be x-class here. Either that or M6 which is the modified engine category.
dlee1967
Thanks guys,......DLee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.