Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Homemade Outer Window Fuzzy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
I bought some fuzzies from 914Rubber and I am sure they are safely packed away in one of the 3 storage units I have full of stuff.

I need them now as it is the first thing to do on a door reassembly - so I made my own using the Ed Morrow method. I saw him do something similar when we did the Buttercup build but it didn't get documented.

Items needed:

5 feet of 1" Velcro (you will just use the fuzzy side)
2 four foot lengths of 3/16 wood dowel
1 bottle of Super Glue Gel

The pictures are pretty much self-explanatory. I cut the dowels to length making sure to leave the holes exposed for the screws. I like Super Glue Gel as it sets in a minute and you can continue on the project. Start to finish was less than 5 minutes.

These work in a pinch - but you can't beat 914Rubber.com.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mikey914
I do like the idea. The screws will help to hold it in place. My only concern is that without a hard backing, the ends could get displaced.
ejm
That was just one of the few things we had to improvise. I think we used 14 gauge wire rather than a dowel along with a hot glue gun. Seem to remember giving Mary the idea and she made them. Somewhere there's a pic of her holding a finished one. Coming up with a clutch tube on a winter weekend in western Kansas was a whole 'nother trick wink.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(ejm @ Jul 17 2015, 06:58 PM) *

That was just one of the few things we had to improvise. I think we used 14 gauge wire rather than a dowel along with a hot glue gun. Seem to remember giving Mary the idea and she made them. Somewhere there's a pic of her holding a finished one. Coming up with a clutch tube on a winter weekend in western Kansas was a whole 'nother trick wink.gif

Ed,

You are spot on. Hot glue and #14.

Yes, the rear firewall was a mess. Good times nonetheless!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 17 2015, 06:14 PM) *

I do like the idea. The screws will help to hold it in place. My only concern is that without a hard backing, the ends could get displaced.

I agree. I hope to use the "real" ones someday...
rick 918-S
I have at least 2 new sets from Mark here. But it looks like you have it handled. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif Nice to see the willow car is coming together. first.gif I would love to come help. confused24.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 17 2015, 09:16 PM) *

Nice to see the willow car is coming together. first.gif

I would love to come help. confused24.gif

Rick,

Don't tease me! You know you and Sandy are always welcome. Cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.