Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show me your plaid !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Now that I have made up all the plaids I'm curious as to what the actual color combos are on these. Who actually has plaid? I'm interested to see what these look like on the cars.
I'm really curious to see the lime green plaid. It's close to the yellow, but not.
I'm contemplating putting the lime in my palma metalic green 75.

Mostly wondering if that was an actual combination.
7TPorsh
You really need to offer the early passenger seat for us early cars and six owners. I'll offer my passenger seat if you need to start with one. I tooam super curious how these groovy patterns look.
Cuda911
If plaid was correct for my 73 or 74, I'd do it in a second. Looks awesome. Alas, was not offered as original then.
Mikey914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jul 17 2015, 11:16 PM) *

You really need to offer the early passenger seat for us early cars and six owners. I'll offer my passenger seat if you need to start with one. I tooam super curious how these groovy patterns look.

I have obtained a sample early seat set up. Just have a few other irons in the fire to deal with 1st. But it's headway to have a good sample.
mepstein
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 18 2015, 04:20 AM) *

If plaid was correct for my 73 or 74, I'd do it in a second. Looks awesome. Alas, was not offered as original then.

Just make up a second set of seats in plaid and slip in the oem for the shows. Switching seats takes 2 minutes and no tools
JB620
... The greenClick to view attachment
Briby37
I have Mikey's red plaid on my Bahia red 914.

http://www.motoroso.com/531600026cae5/Gara...28843520/My+914
914Sixer
I am going to redo my 75 interior with the plaid instead of the current incorrect vinyl. Going with the orange or the gray.
Ferg
From my old 75. Love Plaid!

mepstein
This is from my '75.

I have a kit from 914rubber to recover a set for my GT build.
PanelBilly
Wish the seat backs came out like the bottoms. Mike, why don't you engineer that?
JoeDees
I love the plaid. Would it be a sin to add it to my black 73 when I redo the interior?
Larmo63
I don't really care if '73 models didn't have it. My car isn't stock and I love the yellow plaid.
914Next
QUOTE(JB620 @ Jul 19 2015, 08:16 PM) *

Wow! Love this.
Mikey914
Nice pics guys.
Anyone actually have a lime green? I had never see it before. The reg green with Zambezi looks great.
Keep em coming love the plaid

If Magnus wants a set I can hook a brother up! I bet he'd be in.
Jett
From the group buy... THANKS!

Now we need a set for our Delphi Green metallic smile.gifClick to view attachment
Mikey914
I wonder if there is any data as to the orders on these other than COAs. I would place a bet that the lime green plaid is probably the rarest. I wonder if anyone even did order it?
GregAmy
QUOTE(Briby37 @ Jul 20 2015, 03:55 PM) *

I have Mikey's red plaid on my Bahia red 914.

Ditto...with a requested French Stitch twist...

http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GregAmy9...rt=3&page=1
DRPHIL914
[s]
QUOTE(Jett @ Jul 21 2015, 12:56 AM) *

Now we need a set for our Delphi Green metallic smile.gifClick to view attachment

is this car orange or copper metalic? i debated on which way to go and how it would look, in my copper metalic , i was not sure how that would look so i went with the grey/black tartan instead. arrives today!!!
Heeltoe914
Good afternoon I would like to do yellow plaid in some sports seats that I have where can i buy the material for that is someone here selling it??
Mikey914
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Jul 21 2015, 01:00 PM) *

Good afternoon I would like to do yellow plaid in some sports seats that I have where can i buy the material for that is someone here selling it??

I've processed the material into seat kits and have them ready to go. I have some small ends but not much left. Didn't make sense to have it sitting around to then have to process it when some one orders. I can literally ship yours tomorrow. I am running out of room though.

Mark
Cairo94507
Boy, I love the plaid. How much heat would I take for having me seat centers done in plaid? Not original, but the 3.2 isn't either.
Mikey914
The beauty is that changing out seats (if you kept a stock set) is easier than changing the oil, don't even have to jack up the car. 4 bolts biggrin.gif
Heeltoe914
Well I'm much better at motors, suspension an driving fast then I am at doing upholstery so here is a picture of my sports seats.. How would that work to do the centers only I know the custion is removable but what about the back section..
Mikey914
We do the backs in vinyl already, so a center section wouldn't be a issue. The consul boxes we are currently making a pattern for also. I'll have to check and see, but I should have enough to do these.
Mark
Jett
She is Phoenix red.

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jul 21 2015, 07:01 AM) *

[s]
QUOTE(Jett @ Jul 21 2015, 12:56 AM) *

is this car orange or copper metalic? i debated on which way to go and how it would look, in my copper metalic , i was not sure how that would look so i went with the grey/black tartan instead. arrives today!!!

mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 21 2015, 11:09 PM) *

The beauty is that changing out seats (if you kept a stock set) is easier than changing the oil, don't even have to jack up the car. 4 bolts biggrin.gif

Extra set of seat rails and its 2 minutes, no bolts, no tools. smile.gif
Cairo94507
I have almost decided to leave the stock seat configuration in my Six. I was going to do the adjustable passenger seat but may not.....
mepstein
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 22 2015, 08:03 AM) *

I have almost decided to leave the stock seat configuration in my Six. I was going to do the adjustable passenger seat but may not.....

Stock. Early is awesome.
MJHanna
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Jul 21 2015, 10:51 PM) *

Well I'm much better at motors, suspension an driving fast then I am at doing upholstery so here is a picture of my sports seats.. How would that work to do the centers only I know the custion is removable but what about the back section..

I left the sides "as is" everyone that has seen them likes it.
Mikey914
On the yellow plaid.
If your center and base are the same as factory you should be able to use the standard kit. The headers looks stock. The back could be modified as the strips are not sewn in, so it may just work. The base has a slightly different look, but it might just be because the tuck is not in it. If your sport seat use a factory fiberglass shell that's been modified I'd wager the presewn kit would work.
My intent was to make kits that you don't have to get an upholstery shop involved and allow the owner to save some cash. If you think this is an option we can send out as fast as today. I do take returns if you get it and decide it will not work. Just don't modify it so it can be resold.
The only thing I can't help you out with is the modified bolsters. I don't have the pattern.
Thanks
Mark
Alphaogre
QUOTE(MJHanna @ Jul 22 2015, 10:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Jul 21 2015, 10:51 PM) *

I left the sides "as is" everyone that has seen them likes it.

What seat is that? Is it just a stock seat with the bolster built up?
Ferg
Not exactly plaid and a little faded, but other inserts look real good imo...

This is from my brothers Malaga red 2.0 he is selling

Click to view attachment

I also like the pattern in the 1975 anniversary 911's

Click to view attachment

Was it Jwest who had the orange 914 in the early 2002ish that had the crazy interior seat pattern?? that looked real good as well.
DRPHIL914
just out of the box, hope to have the passenger side done this weekend-
Ferg
That looks really really good.

I wanna see someone door door cards ala 911 shades.gif
chazt74914
Having worked at a dealership during that time, I remember the plaid being offered on the '75 & '76 years only.
The same plaids were offered on the VW Sciroccos those 2 years.

chazt
mepstein
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jul 23 2015, 12:24 PM) *

That looks really really good.

I wanna see someone door door cards ala 911 shades.gif

I have thought about it.
TravisNeff
not plaid, but covers the doors and dash face as well as the seats. - I like it. smile.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Jul 23 2015, 04:03 PM) *

not plaid, but covers the doors and dash face as well as the seats. - I like it. smile.gif

Dang, that looks nice. bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.