Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fairly productive day at Skline's Garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Got a lot done actually today, more to do tomorrow for me at least. Joe Buckle got his new transmission installed, I got my front sway bar and front Koni's installed and reidexed the front torsion bars. The car sits really low and is so firm it bounces. I may raise it up a little tomorrow. During a test drive, it blew out a push rod seal and was spewing oil everywhere. Little trail up the driveway. I also hooked up the heater hoses so I can have heat and defrost now. After people started leaving, I kept working on it. Removed the HE's and heater sheetmetal. It got dark on me so I will get back on it tomorrow after 1 job in the morning in Anaheim Hills. I will get the rear sway bar mounts welded in, rear shocks broken loose, and replace all of the pushrod tube seals and adjust the valves. I just wish I had the new rear shocks and springs so I could be done with everything in the back. Then I would only need to do the body work after that, I think. Anyway, here are some pictures so you all can get to know what the people look like for the WCC. Even the kids came out with the parents.
skline
Steve and Mark talk about engines and stuff
skline
Joes wonderful wife brought us food and the kids to play with while we eat.
skline
A view of the area
skline
A new member stopped by to have us check out his car. His name is Scott and his son Sam in hiding behind him. We hope to see more of him to fix up his car. I dont remember his name on the Club though.
skline
Matt, Mark and Elliot check out Marks car and discuss aerodynamics or something like that.
Mrs. K
biggrin.gif Looks like you all had a great time!
Glad to hear you are making some good progress!
Need any female tool wench help this week? cool.gif

Lisa wavey.gif
Aaron Cox
i missed it..... dry.gif sad.gif
skline
The root beer one 75 is Claytons, the black one is Elliots.
xsboost90
man, thats killer! i wish there were more teeners local to me. Our gtg's always look more like this... my g/f's is the one in the middle...the red one...the..never mind.
skline
My whiteandgreensoontobeyellow and the Chalon, the white one is getting an underbody makeover.
VegasRacer
Is that a MG Midget or an AH Sprite across the street?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Feb 26 2005, 09:38 PM)
Is that a MG Midget or an AH Sprite across the street?

its a midget iirc....

been there evryday i go there wink.gif
skline
Yup, its a midget, belongs to one of the guys who lives in the area and he takes care of that rec center.

Here is Joe actually working on his own car by himself cause everyone was doing something else. You can never say he doesnt work on his own car.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 26 2005, 09:52 PM)
Yup, its a midget, belongs to one of the guys who lives in the area and he takes care of that rec center.

Here is Joe actually working on his own car by himself cause everyone was doing something else. You can never say he doesnt work on his own car.

thats my shirt! the one joe took from me in our poker game unsure.gif laugh.gif
skline
It just shows what it meant to him. laugh.gif laugh.gif
r_towle
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 26 2005, 11:56 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 26 2005, 09:52 PM)

mmmmmm that sounds suspiciously like a game of corona poker... idea.gif bootyshake.gif

NOTCorona
Rand
How does Mark open the shaved doors of his white car from the outside? Just curious what he set up. Looks nice.
skline
QUOTE (RandyLok @ Feb 26 2005, 09:08 PM)
How does Mark open the shaved doors of his white car from the outside? Just curious what he set up. Looks nice.

That is what everyone says when they see his car. You really need to see it to believe it. He has a remote with 4 buttons to open different doors and trunk and alarm. Pretty cool.
ClayPerrine
IF the engine compartment release is still inside the car, and there are no outside door handles how is he going to get in when the battery goes dead??????

Guess you could break a window.....
skline
He has a secret he wont tell anyone. I asked that the first time I saw the car too. I told him he should install a plug where he could put a jumper on it to get power in the event of a batter failure.
JB 914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 26 2005, 08:56 PM)
Acox [/QUOTE]

wink.gif it's that twitch Aaron.........gives you away every hand.

lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.