Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GT For Sale $185,000
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
AntiHero
The CL ad is a little misleading. Add the $185k price and it almost would appear to be a factory 914-6 GT. But it's a conversion....a meticulous, period-correct, 'authentic' conversion, but a conversion none-the-less.

Rare 914-6 GT Factory conversion upgrade

IPB Image

IPB Image

Door/trunk gaps don't look to be period correct....
mepstein
Discussed in another thread. If I was spending $185K, I would do my homework.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 19 2015, 12:16 PM) *

Discussed in another thread. If I was spending $185K, I would do my homework.

If I were spending $185K it wouldn't be on this. I'd take 120K and buy a new 911 and take the remaining 65K to buy a nice 914-6.
rhodyguy
"Sale priced" sad.gif
boxsterfan
$185,000 is the "I really don't want to sell it" price.
bcheney
I have seen this car in person and it is without a doubt a fine piece. It used to be owned by a man by the name of Kent Rawson who passed away back in 2013. He had one of the finest collections of 356's anywhere in the world along with many other special Porsche's. This is from his obit..."He had a passion for Porsche automobiles and was known throughout the world for his intimate knowledge of Porsche cars, both vintage and modern. He was an active member of the Porsche Club of North America for twenty-five years, and was also a member of the Florida Porsche Owner's Group and the 356 Registry". - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sptimes/o...h.vrHsTQsh.dpuf

Not sure who owns the 914 now but the pics look like they are taken in the same place that I viewed the car. The Rawson collection used to be cared for by the guy who did the PPI on my 89 911 Targa. $185K is a big number...but,you never know how much someone is willing to pay in order to have a great car and not have to go through the process and expense it would take to create one of this caliber.
lalee914
This car has also been advertised recently in the Dupont Registry. It was also featured in Oct 1993 Excellence on Page 60.
bcheney
OK I found more on this car last night. Check out this link from the Bird Board...page 11 of thread will give you history, the name of the owner who converted the car and who did the work. Apparently, this GT started life in February of 1970 as a factory 914-6 and was later converted to a 914-6 GT by Dr. Robert Gagnon of La Jolla, CA.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...project-11.html
sean_v8_914
great link
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.