Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Ice Green Metallic body repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
The Metal Surgeon
Repairing of an accident damaged 914 'ice green metallic' ,not an original 914 color,but a special color order from Porsche at time of manufacture.

Click to view attachment
The Metal Surgeon
Click to view attachment
The Metal Surgeon
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
The Metal Surgeon
Click to view attachment
The Metal Surgeon
The Metal Surgeon
JawjaPorsche
An artist at work! So impressed! beerchug.gif
JRust
drooley.gif Damn that looks great! Ross will be so happy with the results. You do great work beer.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(The Metal Surgeon @ Jul 19 2015, 01:30 PM) *

Repairing of an accident damaged 914 'ice green metallic' ,not an original 914 color,but a special color order from Porsche at time of manufacture.

Click to view attachment

They painted more than one that color. The PO of my car bought a parts car in that color. I still have the engine lid.

agree.gif Ross's car is in good hands.
relentless
I never tire seeing your work. You are awesome!
EdwardBlume
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Nice job!
cary
Stunning workmanship on a beautiful car.
Larmo63
Very inspiring, Mr. Surgeon!
nathansnathan
It looks like you've got 2 of the same part, like the lip where the fender attaches to the 'column' at the front of the door, you've left the original attached to the column, and looks like you've added a lip back onto the fender. I'm assuming you did this to spot weld the 2 lips together, rather than having to plug weld the lip on the door to the column, which could be messy. -Seems like a good idea....
rick 918-S
Nice to see proper repairs being performed!
Mueller
Wow...impressive attention to detail...I like!
Ferg
Very nice, glad to see this.
whitetwinturbo
piratenanner.gif WOWSER!
rnellums
I figured do it right, do it once. Jon is a pretty great guy, and he has a great team of skilled craftsmen that are helping out too! It's honestly worth a trip to Denver just to check out all the things he is working on in the shop.
Chris H.
Looks great. It'll be better than ever.
Mike1981
Could you please tell me how many hours of labor this repair took

I have similar damage and am in the process of getting quotes for the repair of the front fender, drivers door and paint

Thanks

Mike
blackmoon
Nicely done beerchug.gif
The Metal Surgeon
The Metal Surgeon
The Metal Surgeon
The Metal Surgeon
Mike Bellis
I see a T3 Ghia...
The Metal Surgeon
Yep that's a Razor

Click to view attachment

A&P Mech
Wow it is looking good. I can't wait to see it with color on it. Ross is going to have a very nice car.
914forme
drooley.gif for the 914, but aktion035.gif for the Razor, looks like it has some very crisp lines.
Jacob
Thanks for taking the time to take pictures and share them with us. The car is looking great!
rgalla9146
[quote name='mepstein' date='Jul 19 2015, 03:40 PM' post='2212376']
[quote name='The Metal Surgeon' post='2212300' date='Jul 19 2015, 01:30 PM']
\
Not too often you see a 914 and a 1932 Ford in the same shop.
Or..... is that dropped axle for the 914 ?
Your metal skill is beyond excellent. Outstanding !

Just noticed this is post # 32 !

And a '33/'34 too !!!!
OllieG
Really useful to see repair of the seam near the windshield - am I right in thinking to get to access to the fender spot welds near the windshield you had to cut through the damaged fender itself?... I want to rust-repair the same seam on my car without making too many cuts in my good fender (uk:wing!)

Very nice work.. smile.gif
relentless
Mr. Metal Surgeon, did you replace the entire driver's front fender with an OEM one or did you work the original back into shape?
The Metal Surgeon
QUOTE(relentless @ Nov 2 2015, 03:22 PM) *

Mr. Metal Surgeon, did you replace the entire driver's front fender with an OEM one or did you work the original back into shape?

The owner did all the leg work and sourced a donor fender.
rnellums
I was even able to get the old panel back with decent paint still on it for some wall art and a reminder of what not to do!
76-914
Yep, this thread got me off my arse. I ordered that neutral switch yesterday.
mepstein
Ross - glad to see this is coming together. Great car.
Chris H.
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 5 2015, 09:38 PM) *

Yep, this thread got me off my arse. I ordered that neutral switch yesterday.

Yeah I did the old lean in and turn the key while the car was in gear thing once myself. Got lucky and caught it immediately. Whew....scared the crap out of me. When you do that with a Type 4 by accident it just sorta jumps a little and goes "rrr---rrr---rrr" like "hey man, whadddaya doing???". A Subaru engine STARTS UP. Then it's dive through the window and grab the key and shifter time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.